The Financial Data Analyst Intern is responsible for administrative support, data entry and other specially assigned projects. This position will assist to ensure compliance with all IRS and industry regulations related to the recording, retention, update, and transfer of cost basis information and participating in audits related to new development and technology releases.
Preferred schedule: Tues - Sat, 6 am CT start time. Minimum 3 to 4 hours each day. Additional hours are available.
What does this role entail?
COST BASIS/CORPORATE ACTIONS ACCOUNTING
- Ensures forms, policies, systems and other information are kept current.
- Maintains files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assumes other general administrative duties as assigned (faxing, scanning, copying, etc.).
- Assists with data gathering and spreadsheet preparation for projects as assigned.
- Assists in gathering requested information and files.
- Assists with projects assigned by Manager.
- Maintains test scenarios to cover all areas of cost basis system.
- Implements processes and key controls governing day-to-day activities of cost basis function to minimize operational risk.
- Audits cost basis functions and performs audits of statements, tax forms, and system elevations to ensure information accuracy, elevating any inconsistencies to management for investigation and resolution in order to achieve flawless execution.
What do I need?
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required
- At least a current student in Junior or Senior standing working towards a bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Orion Industry Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Prior experience in general administrative or customer service duties preferred
- General knowledge of back office processing; account transfers, new accounts, tax reporting, statements, corporate actions, customer services, etc.