Orion Advisor Solutions is expanding and adding a Merger and Acquisition Analyst position reporting to the Chief of Staff. This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to come in and create a new role and a new path for themselves! Huge career growth!
The M&A Analyst supports complex deals by evaluating financial reports, creating merger and financial model analysis, generates models for valuation metrics and partners with finance team members to build forecast models and prepare purchase accounting models to track fair value adjustments and post-deal support.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Develop and maintain complex financial models which support management decisions to act upon acquisition targets
- Prepare valuations, including proforma financial modeling and other analysis to support negotiation of selected transactions
- Participate in building M&A strategy roadmaps and vision.
- Analyze and assess financial statements, internal controls, policies and procedures of M&A targets
- Create investment conclusions and strategic presentations for review by senior leadership
- Support corporate finance team with financial due diligence and post-closing acquisition reviews
- Perform research, cost studies and benchmarking to support financial and operational assumptions
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting
- Build relationships with target firms and participate in onboarding and conversion to ensure success
- Work with senior managers throughout the organization to validate assumptions driving financial models
Skills Needed to Perform the Job
- Knowledge of acquisition value techniques
- Superior written, verbal and creative communication skills; including the ability to translate insight into content, create presentations and overall communication plans
- Self-starter capable of working independently with superior attention to detail and judgement
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive and take initiative in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
Education Needed to Perform the Job
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related field of study required.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics or related field of study desired; CPA desired
- Orion Industry Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Lastly we offer Day ONE Benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Sabbatical time, Tuition Reimbursement, 100% WFH, and Access to Financial Planning Technology and Identity Theft Protection
Orion Advisor Solutions LLC