Now Hiring for a Senior Data Analyst! This position is open due to an internal promotion within Orion!
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for helping to drive continuous improvements by collecting, preparing, analyzing, and presenting data in a meaningful and insightful way.
Work includes providing advisor clients with key observations and suggestions to help them improve their business by performing mid-level data analytics and application of data science techniques to identify problems and opportunities, including data collection, preparation, exploration, analysis, and model building.
Must collaborate with clients and internal teams across the company, communicating key results in verbal, visual, and written formats.
- Use SQL and other technologies to extract data from different backend systems.
- Identify data quality issues, including incomplete and inconsistent data.
- Participate in the data governance efforts and mechanisms.
- Conduct data analysis and modeling to generate business insights.
- Take complicated problems and build simple frameworks.
- Build descriptive and predictive models and test hypotheses.
- Develop rich interactive visualizations, integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Assist in problem-solving on related topics between user departments, service departments and vendors.
- Provide analytics to support near term business needs or to provide key pieces of more sophisticated projects led by others.
Whats Needed to Thrive In This Role:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 1 year of professional analytics, data science experience or academic training.
- 1 year of experience using a statistical programming language (e.g., Python, R, SQL etc.)
- Working knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau, Sisense, Power BI, etc.
- Orion Industry Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- 3 years of experience in data-driven problem solving.
- 3 years of hands-on experience as a Data Analyst, collecting, preparing and sharing business insights.
- Experience working within Financial Services industry preferred.
We also offer competitive pay, day one benefits, generous PTO, paid parental leave, extra paid holidays, access to best-in-class financial planning technology, and volunteering and mentoring opportunities.