The Enterprise Applications Architect is responsible for building and maintaining software that is cross cutting in nature, and supports multiple development teams. This position will utilize the system development life cycle to ensure delivery of concise, well tested, well thought out, and usable projects completed in a timely manner.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Creates solutions to business problems and refines features into user stories.
- Guides new architectural ideas and implementations.
- Designs, develops, tests and deploys applications by writing new code and improving existing code ensuring applications work properly.
- Provides support for design, development and implementation of application development projects.
- Understands and uses best practices and standard guidance.
- Understands and debugs different tiers of the application, UI, API, and database.
- Able to create and modify routine, low impact code.
- Troubleshoots and debugs system inefficiencies.
- Assists in maintaining databases accuracy and stability.
- Identifies and troubleshoots issues with various sites or programming code and fix any resulting problems.
- Secures applications against hacking vulnerabilities.
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge in all applicable programming languages and database formats.
- Mentors other developers while acting as a resource for input and advice.
- Identifies and fixes resource bottlenecks.
Skills Needed to Perform the Job
- Knowledge of investment advisory business.
- Ability to creatively and efficiently find solutions to the companies on going issues.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.