Do you enjoy talking to people, using technology, and have an interest in trading? Are you saying yes to all three right now and wondering what a career could look like for you?
Well Orion Advisor Services is a Fintech company that is growing fast and they get to make a recognizable difference in the lives of millions of people each day! On the Trading team, you are responsible for servicing clients to implement and use the Orion system to improve trade execution.
What does this role involve?
- Provides rapid diagnosis of and response to real-time requests associated with trading connected to clients tied to Orion’s straight-thru processing mechanism platform – Financial Information Exchange (FIX)
- Provides account servicing, including technical support, and assistance to internal traders, external brokers and associated trade support staff related to general questions, trade research, workflow updates and trading technology in order to support objectives of Orion trading platform
- Delivers training to internal/external clients on the Orion Connect system, including but not limited to new investment advisors, existing advisors, and internal account managers on account trading process
- Contributes to evaluation, implementation and management of electronic trading platform and assists with projects related to trading system version upgrades
- Assists in gathering requirements from users and creates related project specification documents, which include mathematical calculations, business user interfaces, application of system, etc.
- Conducts and participates in quarterly trading system evaluations, including creation of regression test plans (current / future state analysis) for new functionality, and makes recommendation of final solutions; performs quality assurance testing of automated solutions and newly developed workflows and other assignments as necessary
Not sure if you have the skills yet? Keep reading!
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations pertaining to various security instruments and markets
- Knowledge and understanding of anti-money laundering rules and procedures required to maintain compliance
- Ability to quickly learn new and utilize multiple internal/external trading systems and platforms
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees, as well as conduct effective presentations
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
- Strong skills in effective oral, written, interpersonal and listening, including the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
What education and other experience is needed?*
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry or prior/current employment with Orion required
- Experience in a trading-related role for an investment advisor preferred
We will even train you on information found in the Series 65 and give you study materials to pass the Orion Series 65 Certification within 90 days of employment!
Still feeling excited and even more interested?
If so, then you should talk to us – Orion Advisor Services. We build technology that empowers financial professionals and advisory firms to improve the way they run their business and enhance the experience for the investors they serve. Delivering best-in-breed portfolio management, performance, and back-office capabilities, it’s our mission to help our clients enjoy their businesses again—and that starts by growing our team with smart, driven, and well-rounded individuals, like you.