Financial Data Analyst
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC Omaha, NE
The Financial Data Analyst is an entry level role responsible for retrieving electronic transaction and position files from various data providers and maintaining the data integrity in the various client databases for Orion Advisor Services Group, LLC. You will be responsible for resolving issues and ensuring the client database reflects accurate and up-to-date information.
What will you do?
- Runs audit reports within client databases to inspect data and fix exception reports as needed.
- Monitors and reconciles scrub audits across Orion customer databases.
- Compares and evaluates data within electronic system against electronic files.
- Audits performance runs on client accounts highlighting unusual performance numbers; reviews and remedies all data issues discovered.
- Retrieves and imports prices for mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and variable annuities on a daily basis.
- Retrieves and imports transactions for all downloaded accounts.
- Maintains a list of daily and weekly downloaded accounts for each database.
- Maintains and verifies correct share balances by running balance checks (on a daily and monthly basis) and makes corrections to accounts, as needed.
- Utilizes various alternatives and troubleshooting methods to fix issues found during audit reports within client database.
- Responds to all client questions and issues received by phone, email, fax, or letter and acts as single point of contact for assigned clients.
- Analyzes client requests and deduces and explores possible solutions or forwards request on to appropriate department following-through until resolution.
- Trains advisors on Orion system technology capabilities available by completing one-on-one sessions.
- Provides assistance in growing business with client by highlighting additional features which would benefit clients overall package offering.
- Processes and confirms reconciliations on positions, transactions, prices, corporate actions and cost basis for Midland National Trades, IMA and Midland National Prices at close of business day.
- Processes multiple transaction and position files related to fund balances or assets held nightly.
What should you already know?
- Knowledge of investment accounting is a plus
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Effective analytical, problem solving and 10-key calculator skills
Education and Experience needed:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a role with accounting, problem solving or analytical-related experience or 1-2 years of experience within OAS or affiliated companies
- Experience in financial services industry preferred
We will even train you on information found in the Series 65 and give you study materials to pass the Orion Series 65 Certification within 90 days of employment!
| Date Posted
January 1, 2019
| Date Closes
January 31, 2019
| Located In
| SOC Category