Software Engineer - API Developer
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC Omaha, NE
The Software Engineer – API Developer is responsible for the maintenance and development of new software in a client/server environment, for the operations staff of Orion Advisor Services, LLC. This position will utilize the system development life cycle to ensure delivery of concise, well tested, well thought out, and usable projects completed in a timely manner.
What does this role do?
- Designs, develops, tests and deploys applications by writing new code and improving existing code ensuring applications work properly
- Creates and maintains database objects (SQL queries and stored procedures) in support of application development
- Provides support for design, development and implementation of application development projects
- Troubleshoots and debugs system inefficiencies
- Assists in maintaining databases accuracy and stability
- Identifies and troubleshoots issues with various sites or programming code and fix any resulting problems
- Secures applications against hacking vulnerabilities
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge in all applicable programming languages and database formats
Who do you have a working relationship with?
- Regular contact with end users, business stakeholders and technology team members to actively soliciting feedback, comments and criticism to define and analyze requirements for enhancements and new product development
- Regular contact with development team regarding design sessions and code reviews
- Regular contact with internal/external clients regarding gathering information pertaining to request and ensuring solution provided meets needs
What skills are needed for this role?
- Knowledge of PC architecture and operations, operating systems, networking database management and development, as well as high level of programming knowledge
- Knowledge of the various stages of the software development life cycle, definition of solution architecture, detailed design, solution development, testing and deployment
- Knowledge and solid understanding of object oriented analysis, design and programming
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
Education and Experience needed:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information System Analysis required
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience of ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework, C#, Restful Services, Web Services, and SQL Server in an application development role required
- Experience in financial services or asset management industry preferred
- Orion Series 65 certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment
| Date Posted
December 1, 2018
| Date Closes
December 31, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category