NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”), a leader in the financial services industry has an outstanding reputation for quality and service. NorthStar empowers investment advisors to expand their businesses and service their clients. NorthStar and its subsidiaries provide unique employment opportunities within the financial services industry. If you want to be a part of a successful, growing organization that allows individuals to contribute their own combination of talent and energy, then NorthStar is the place for you!
The Software Developer II is responsible for the start-to-finish development, including governance, modeling, warehousing, and integration and delivery aspects, of web based applications, report development, SQL development, and system administration in a flexible and fast paced environment for Gemini Fund Services, LLC ("GFS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC.
• Develops new windows, web applications and services using .NET and SQL technologies.
• Collaborates with team members and end users to develop application systems and related business processes.
• Develops stored procedures, functions and other objects to support software solutions
• Performs unit testing and assists with troubleshooting existing systems.
• Maintains day to day business processes/ bug fixes in supported systems.
• Completes software projects by developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions throughout software development life cycle to identify issues.
• Performs test case development, tests results analysis, defects reporting, requirements review, test case review, code review and software architecture review.
• Performs or assists in creation of back-end databases and works with DBAs to implement a turnover plan.
• Identifies and resolves programming problems by following various methods, system development methodologies, and through guidance of more senior software developers.
• Develops, implements, and maintains internal and external reports utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services to assist in all business and technology aspects of daily operations.
• Learns and develops new skills through training processes to enhance technical expertise and general organizational contribution.
• Reviews current practices to improve efficiencies and identifies opportunities to achieve more simplified, scalable solutions for software, process, reporting, or other technology improvements and make recommendations to management.
• Documents program code in accordance with development standards and procedures.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Regular contact with management and team members to clarify user needs and plan delivery of major product changes and future versions
• Contact as needed with users to gathering information pertaining to request and ensuring solution provided meets needs
• Core knowledge of software design and architecture
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Ability to work on weekends or stay late for upgrades as needed
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field required
• Minimum of 3 years working as a programmer utilizing related technologies or in developing applications required
• Experience with C#.NET, ADO.NET, SQL, and XML required
• Experience with ASP.NET, IIS, and Web Services required
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services required
• Experience with relational database concepts (Microsoft SQL Server and stored procedures) required
• Experience with PowerShell, LINQ, Telerik, Infragistics, Agile, and TDD a plus
• Experience with WCF, MVC, and MVVM a plus
• Experience with Visual Basic and related technologies a plus
• Experience with AJAX, HTML5, and Silverlight technologies a plus
• Experience with Crystal Reports a plus
• Experience with integrating with third party systems a plus
• Experience in financial industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
|Date Posted||April 17, 2018|
|Date Closes||May 17, 2018|
|Address||17605 Wright St.|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||15-1021.00 Computer Programmers|
|Address||17605 Wright Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68130|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories