NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”) empowers investment advisors and is a leader in the financial services industry with an outstanding reputation for quality and service. NorthStar and its subsidiaries provide unique employment opportunities within a progressive and casual work environment. Individuals are valued and encouraged to contribute their own combination of talent and energy with ongoing training and developmental support. If you would like to be a part of a great team and a successful, growing organization, then NorthStar is the place for you!
The Account Service Specialist is responsible for providing various transfer agency functions and maintaining accurate records for the mutual fund and 529 clients of Gemini Fund Services, LLC ("GFS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC.
NEW ACCOUNT SET-UP
• Sets-up new accounts by entering all customer information from original New Account Application.
• Contacts broker dealer representative or client to obtain missing new account information or seek clarification as needed.
• Coordinates processing and distribution of account-related correspondence including new and returned mail; maintenance of escheatment files; scanning of account-related paperwork, routing of e-fax documents, etc.
• Initiates incoming transfers by sending transfer paperwork to delivering custodian.
• Monitors transfer progress and status in Transfer Tracking Database; follows- up as needed until completion.
• Links corresponding accounts - rights of accumulation, letters of intent, or cross investment in Power Agent.
• Creates, analyzes and uploads daily files and reports related to account.
• Prepares legal correspondence, using proper grammar and language content, related to return of rejected documents to representative or client with return instructions or to communicate instructions to clients.
• Maintains in-house and offsite records retention files for entire transfer agency.
• Processes all financial transactions received daily, including daily purchase, redemption and transfer financial transactions and corresponding maintenance items, Account Adjustments and corrected tax forms, and Retirement Plan account transactions according to IRS regulations.
• Prepares check deposit for checks received on a daily basis.
• Maintains and updates all aspects of account registration including beneficiaries, automatic investment plans, systematic withdrawal plans, check writing capability, asset allocation, and dividend reinvestment or distributions.
• Resolves any discrepancies regarding common mailing accounts or linked accounts in Power Agent.
• Answers questions regarding shareowner accounts and shareholder services via email and phone communication.
• Processes all 529 transactions received daily, including but not limited to contributions, distributions, enrollment applications, corresponding maintenance items, change of trustee, rollover transfers and corrected tax forms.
• Reviews incoming enrollment paperwork for accuracy; performs quality control checks following processing of transaction.
• Answers questions regarding 529 program specifics; corresponds with existing and prospective 529 plan owners regarding establishment of new account, clarification on existing accounts, or resolution of issues.
• Monitors account activity for fraudulent red flags such as anti-identify theft and money laundering.
• Reviews new account paperwork to ensure account meets compliance requirements, including operational standards, SEC, IRS, and prospectus guidelines.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with broker dealers or clients regarding missing account information.
• Knowledge of retirement plans, mutual fund IRS regulations and 529 plans preferred
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving skills
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Series 6 license preferred
• Minimum of 2 - 4 years of related financial services industry experience required
• Experience within a mutual fund transfer agency preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
|Date Posted||April 17, 2018|
|Date Closes||May 17, 2018|
|Address||17605 Wright St.|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||13-2051.00 Financial Analysts|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories