NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”) empowers investment advisors and is a leader in the financial services industry with an outstanding reputation for quality and service. NorthStar and its subsidiaries provide unique employment opportunities within a progressive and casual work environment. Individuals are valued and encouraged to contribute their own combination of talent and energy with ongoing training and developmental support. If you would like to be a part of a great team and a successful, growing organization, then NorthStar is the place for you!
The Shareholder Service Specialist is responsible for responding and providing excellent customer service to shareholder and 529 requests for the clients of Gemini Fund Services, LLC ("GFS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar").
• Assists mutual fund shareholders, broker/dealers and fund companies with inquiries & transactions by answering questions about mutual fund account services, products and client account information in an accurate and professional manner.
• Rectifies shareholder and representative concerns, including account activity, account statements, account access, tax forms and transfer of assets, using established procedures.
• Works with Transfer Agency team members to complete outstanding inquiries; efficiently updates shareholders or representatives with status or a final answer.
• Responds to e-mail inquiries, such as account transactions, account updates, fund information, received through GFS web site.
• Maintains a log of all returned mail and assists VP, Transfer Agency & Hedge Fund Operations with related abandoned or unclaimed (escheatment) process.
• Inputs requested trade or transfer of asset details (purchases, redemptions, exchanges, and transfers) upon receipt using established procedures into Gemini back-office system.
• Completes confirmations and statements regarding transaction details and distributes to shareholders.
• Processes all 529 transactions received daily, including but not limited to contributions, distributions, enrollment applications, corresponding maintenance items, change of trustee, rollover transfers and corrected tax forms.
• Reviews incoming enrollment paperwork for accuracy; performs quality control checks following processing of transaction.
• Answers questions regarding 529 program specifics; corresponds with existing and prospective 529 plan owners regarding establishment of new account, clarification on existing accounts, or resolution of issues.
• Collaborates with GemCom to order additional mutual fund literature.
• Processes requests for mutual fund literature (prospectuses, SAI's, and annual reports) in a timely manner.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with shareholders, broker/dealers and fund companies regarding general account-related inquiries
• Daily contact with internal team and departments regarding follow-up on inquiries, collateral orders, etc.
• Knowledge of retirement plans, mutual fund IRS and 529 plan regulations preferred
• Ability to understand and explain services, company policies, strategies, and procedures to representatives and shareholders
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Provide excellent customer service to all callers using proper phone etiquette
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills
• Minimum of an Associate’s in Business Administration, Finance or related area required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Series 6 license preferred
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience providing inbound support to clients in a call center required
• Experience within Mutual Fund or Financial Services industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
|Date Posted||March 5, 2018|
|Date Closes||April 4, 2018|
|Address||17605 Wright St.|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||13-2099.00 Financial Specialists, All Other|
|Address||17605 Wright Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68130|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories