NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”) empowers investment advisors and is a leader in the financial services industry with an outstanding reputation for quality and service. NorthStar and its subsidiaries provide unique employment opportunities within a progressive and casual work environment. Individuals are valued and encouraged to contribute their own combination of talent and energy with ongoing training and developmental support. If you would like to be a part of a great team and a successful, growing organization, then NorthStar is the place for you!
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for maintaining client relationships for the clients of Northern Lights Distributors, LLC ("NLD") a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar"). This position will be responsible for reviewing and approving advertising materials, assisting clients with selling agreement requests and other items as needed. Assist in the maintenance of a compliance program for NLD and its affiliated companies designed to detect and deter violations of securities laws.
• Reviews and approves communications and advertising materials, including new and modified products for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; corresponds with FINRA regarding submitted materials or general inquiries as needed
• Assists clients with advertising questions related to compliance regulatory requirements; evaluates materials against regulations; determines relevance of materials; interacts with FINRA as needed
• Maintains client relationships by demonstrating highest level of customer service and partnering with client to provide advice on general compliance-related advertising questions, mutual fund disclosure requirements, etc.
• Escalates issues of concern immediately to supervisor
• Monitors and performs research, analysis, and interpretation of published and proposed regulations
• Organizes and maintains client-related contract documents, including selling agreements, and securities licenses for internal registered employees and external wholesalers
• Maintains accurate and current advertising records on behalf of clients to ensure proper record-keeping as required by FINRA and NLD
• Conducts routine audits of assigned clients
• Conducts annual representative audits of internal and external personnel and communicates findings
• Conducts other compliance audits as assigned
• Advises on and ensures timely and appropriate corrective action is taken to address compliance issues
• Assists client with preparation for regulatory examinations and audits, provides support during examinations/audits and ensures timely and appropriate corrective action is taken to address compliance issues
• Assists in updating NLD’s Compliance Manuals by suggesting edits based on results of recent compliance testing
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with internal associates while performing routine compliance testing of policies and procedures
• Contact as needed with FINRA regarding inquiries concerning regulatory compliance requirements
• Regular contact with Broker/Dealer firms regarding selling agreements and other contract requests
• Contact as needed with internal individual advisor regarding audits and advertising documents
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable SEC and FINRA rules and regulations preferred
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving, time management and organizational skills
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field required
• Series 7 required (at time of hire); Series 24 required (or ability to obtain within 90 days)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a brokerage operations or compliance-related functions preferred
• Experience in reviewing compliance of marketing materials in a brokerage environment preferred
• Experience working in a mutual fund or a mutual fund service provider preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Travel is required approximately 10% of the time.
|Date Posted||August 11, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 10, 2017|
|Address||17605 Wright St.|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||11-9199.02 Compliance Managers|
|Address||17605 Wright Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68130|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories