Our client is seeking a Special Education Teacher to join their team. The selected individual will be responsible for instruction, planning, and/or adaptation of the education program to enable special education students to benefit from educational experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Instructs individuals and groups in special education skill areas daily.
- Plans curriculum, lessons, and special education programs and teaching methods daily as needed.
- Evaluates student progress based on papers submitted, test scores, and observation as required.
- Monitors student progress in and outside special education room daily as needed.
- Maintains contact with parents of students daily as needed.
- Evaluates student progress based on work output and observation; determines goals, objectives, and directions daily as needed.
- Prepares report cards, educational records, IEPC forms, classroom observation records, and other forms as required.
- Attends meetings with student, staff, parents and other community support members to evaluate student needs and progress.
- Assists in the development of strategies that complement the efforts of general education teachers for inclusionary settings.
- Diagnoses and assesses student strengths and needs.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally-appropriate learning experiences daily.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities daily.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and assists in developing strategies for individual education plans daily as needed.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside of the normal classroom day by various means such as newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc. daily as needed.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities; including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Creates, maintains, and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community, whenever possible, in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Four-year accredited college or university.
- Valid Iowa teaching license with endorsement in specific special education area of teaching assignment.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Durham Staffing Solutions