Our client is seeking to add an Employment and Career Pathways Specialist for their newly created initiative project. This individual will be responsible for assisting program participants’ in identifying and obtaining employment skills. Additionally, this team member will aid securing employment in line with program participants’ knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Work with all program participants to conduct enrollment and ensure all necessary information is gathered.
- Promote self-sufficiency through assisting the client in addressing any barriers to employment, including referrals to both internal and external partners as needed; can include accompanying client and providing transportation to and from services.
- Assist client in developing their individualized job search tools, such as a resume, when needed.
- Aid in identifying appropriate employment opportunities through utilizing multiple job search tools; including but not limited to NEworks, CareerLink, Indeed, staffing agencies with specific opportunities, or specific employers in targeted sectors.
- Assist in preparing for interviews and provide transport to and attend interviews with them, as needed.
- Maintain regular contact with clients while guiding and assisting in job search and networking activities.
- Attend local hiring events host by local businesses or community partners.
- Act on behalf of clients when working with organizations in relation to their case.
- Aid in performing outreach activities to other agencies, programs, etc. to develop positive relationships and encourage referrals.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Manage referrals internally and externally.
- Complete and/or facilitate data entry of client information, track ongoing progress and assessments.
- Utilize Practice Management System to ensure accurate and meaningful program data collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Two or more years’ experience in employment readiness, career development, or related field.
- Knowledge of employment and career pathways.
- General knowledge of outcome measurements, quality assurance processes, and best practices.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, etc.
- Valid Driver’s license, proof of liability insurance, and ability to drive for the organization.