Our client is seeking to add a Mortgage Loan Originator to their team. This team member will create, collect, analyze, and exercise sound judgment by advising customers on Mortgage and Home Equity loan options. The ideal candidate will possess an outgoing and sales driven personality with superior customer service skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make regular outside sales calls to both prospective clients and referral sources. This may include such things as office calls, lunches, or evening receptions as a way to generate future loan prospects. The majority of such calls will take place outside of the employee’s place of business many of which may extend outside normal work hours.
- Explains the Mortgage and Home Equity loan application process and products to clients. Services by phone or in person customers inquiries pertaining to mortgage rates, mortgage programs, payments, daily rates, points, etc.
- Gathers all required applicant information, including collecting, analyzing and advising members on best options to ensure proper processing.
- Reviews applications, exercises judgment and renders loan decision for preapproval/denial.
- Conducts mortgage loan application interviews assisting applicants in the completion of application and is responsible for ensuring that all necessary documentation is in the loan files, including regulatory compliance items.
- Works with processing department when necessary to ensure final documentation is received by the investors in a timely manner.
- Assists to ensure that the various federal reporting documents are delivered in a timely manner, to include the borrowers 1098, sellers 1099, interest reported to the IRS, and the HMDA report.
- Adheres to all state, federal, and credit union regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Assists in any necessary training and development needed within the Mortgage Loan department and performs other duties or projects as assigned.
- Works with Underwriters in meeting their guidelines and obtaining loan approval.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in finance, business administration, or management or one to two years related experience and/or training or combination of education or experience.
- Three to four years previous banking and lending experience preferred.
- Previous sales and business development experience preferred.
- Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS), required. If not yet registered, registration to be completed and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Valid driver's license required to allow travel to customer locations.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other languages is helpful, but not required.
Durham Staffing Solutions