Our client is searching for an AVP of Grants, Special Projects and Research with expertise in the non-profit sector to join their team. This team member will be responsible for writing grant and contract applications, crafting grant and contract reports, coordinate special funding projects, and complete research activities for the organization. If you are seeking a career opportunity that will utilize your grant writing and project management skillset, this is for you!
The AVP of Grants, Special Projects, and Research will work in coordination with the Chief Program Officer, as well as other relevant personnel, to ensure that all grant and contract proposals submitted by the organization are aligned with funding priorities and strategies; and are in compliance with all relevant guidelines and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in grant and contract administration.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience managing personnel with at least one year in an Office of Grants or related field.
- A record of effective administrative experience in health and human services or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience with developing effective partnerships throughout the entire organization and with external groups, such as granting agencies and foundations, regional businesses, state and federal government agencies, or other organizations.
- Demonstrated experience developing policies, procedures, and strategies to facilitate efficient and effective submission, administration, and/or funding of grant applications.
- Knowledge of electronic research administration programs and of federal procurement regulations.
- Experience with the successful administration of awards and their compliance with regulations (including IRB processes).
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and the ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under the pressure of deadlines while emphasizing excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (listening skills, problem solving).
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience in managing grants in a health and human services or similar setting.
- Experience with assessment and COA and other accreditations.
- Membership in appropriate national associations and participation in relevant trainings, conferences, webinars, and other professional development activities.
- Additional training or education that may include Certified Research Administrator (CRA), MBA, JD, PhD, project management certification, or similar credential.
- Experience organizing and providing coaching and guidance to others on proposal writing, preparation, and other relevant topics.