Our awesome client is seeking a Mortgage Loan Administrator to join their outstanding management team. This position evaluates credit risk and provides quality and timely underwriting of indirect and mortgage loans.
- Ensure compliance with all government loan requirements and prudent underwriting procedures. This includes but is not limited to Federal Housing Authority (FHA) and Veterans Association (VA) loans.
- Underwriting all FHA loans and has the authority to bind FHA to the loan approval process.
- The incumbent will validate the all loan documents to ensure requirements and specifications for the FHA product guidelines.
- Responsible for coordinating all phases of the loan underwriting process to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for making decisions regarding FHA mortgage applications regarding the home appraisal, home inspections, and the borrower’s capacity to repay the mortgage under the FHA guidelines.
- Has discretion to modify FHA loans based on feedback from the Home Ownership Center (HOC).
- Will provide training to the underwriting team on the specifics of underwriting and the loan review process for FHA loans.
- Will audit, review, and provide coaching to underwriting team on the completion and submission of FHA loans.
- The incumbent will monitor and evaluate the performance of team members utilizing the Direct Endorsement (DE) Program.
- Provide functional expertise to the organization to ensure well informed decisions, efficient work flow and effective transaction completion.
- Solicit additional information to evaluate lending risk, communicate lending decisions, and provide counter offers to promote the financial success.
- Assist with managing lending risk by evaluating financial condition of mortgage loan applications and ensuring all underwriting requirements are met.
- Must have an Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, and/or additional related work experience.
- Incumbent must have five years of experience in the originating of single-family mortgages, or serve as a principal officer with a minimum of five years of managerial experience in the origination of single-family mortgages.
- Must have three years’ experience reviewing credit applications and on four-unit property appraisals within a financial institution.
- Direct Endorsement (DE) Certified is a huge plus.
- Must have the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with staff, vendors, financial institutions, and other business contacts.
- Must be knowledgeable in BSA and compliance requirements enforced on the credit union by state and federal law as applicable.
- Must present a professional image.
- Must be bondable.
Durham Staffing Solutions