Our client is searching for a Community Engagement Coordinator with expertise in the non-profit sector. The ideal team member will showcase their ability to facilitate and coordinate a robust community engagement strategy for an identified target area of the community. If you are seeking a career opportunity and want to make a difference, this is for you!
- Develop needs assessment process from start to finish, including implementation, assessment, and preparing results.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community partners, recipients, volunteers, and friends of the agency.
- Coordinate long-term Advisory Council and community engagement plans, community meetings, outreach events, and create reports.
- Represent agency at public events, conventions, presentation requests, and faith-based events.
- Identify and maximize opportunities to engage internal and external individuals and partners to promote agency's mission and vision.
- Network with local public and private organizations.
- Work in collaboration with Agency's Development Team, including Volunteer Director.
- Initiate, coordinate, implement, and assess special events to increase public awareness and support of programs and services.
- Seek out sponsors to support events and programs identified by needs assessment.
- Prepare and complete presentations as needed.
- Serve as the point person for identified events, public education, and communications.
Leadership and Professionalism:
- Attend and participate in staff meetings for training, team building, and program planning.
- Participate in regular supervision sessions to review work, discuss strategy, and monitor progress.
- Maintain client and sponsor confidentiality in waiting areas, during phone contacts, and while handling events.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Assist in recruiting and coordinating individuals and families to participate in special events or classes.
- Work to build and maintain a positive, respectful demeanor in contact with staff, clients, and the public.
- Demonstrate respect all people, families and, communities.
- Work collegially as an effective member of programs to achieve program and agency goals.
- Represent organization's values, mission, and vision always.
- Serve as a connector of program initiatives and ideas to external partners related to immediate needs and long-term sustainability.
- Connect with all agency program leaders to understand programs in order to represent them in the community and to understand needs in order to build services.
Financial Accountabilities, Strategic Planning, Partnerships:
- Ensure compliance with all program and funding requirements.
- Create, manage and monitor assigned program budget.
- Assist with forecasting and reviewing financial trends that support the health and sustainability of the setting.
- Collaborate with key program leaders to establish long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to all funders.
- Coordinate, write, and oversee grant proposals and contracts for new, current, or expanded services.
- Maintain a database of events held that includes attendee information and complete all required reports timely.
- Maintain and update a work plan in order to provide strategic direction for the development of the position and prepare reports measuring progress.
- Track all in-kind support and donations to setting for services and programs.
- Reportable metrics quarterly and annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent in work experience, preferably in a related field.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in public relations, community engagement, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and build interpersonal and organizational relationships to leverage community and strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and process/system driven.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute events.
- Ability to communicate passionately and engage audiences effectively both verbally and in writing in a multi-cultural, fast-paced setting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and be able to work with a wide variety of employees, volunteers, community leaders, colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and efficient organizational skills.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Flexible schedule (including nights/weekends) to accommodate events.
- Valid driver’s License, current auto insurance and ability to drive for organization business.
- Public speaking skills.