Our client is searching for an Assistant Vice President of Training and Organizational Development to lead their team. This is an exciting time for someone who thrives in an innovative and an amazing culture. If you are seeking to utilize your expertise to make a difference, this opportunity is for you!
The AVP of Training and Organizational Development is responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs and the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs that facilitate professional and leadership development and continuous learning of team members, particularly executives and emerging leaders.
The AVP of Training and Organizational Development in collaboration with the Executive Team (ET), is responsible for the initiation, planning, development, and execution of our client's Leadership Training. The AVP is responsible for assessing the outcomes of leadership development initiatives and the return on the investment of leadership development programs.
Assess the leadership needs of the organization and develop actionable steps to promote the requisite leadership within the organization and in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Will serve as the lead training resource on enterprise projects for practice management and contract management systems
- Lead enterprise training efforts to include the following: system gap analysis, training curriculum design, user testing, and user adoption for enterprise technology solutions
- Experience in facilitating technical training
- Experience in facilitating training using multiple mediums: in-person, electronic mediums such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Manages organizational development (OD) strategies and processes
- Assesses organizational needs of operating, business, and functional units
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and strategies tailored to meet organizational training needs and program goals
- Designs and executes key programmatic elements of the OD process
- Evaluates strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goals
- Assists with the provision of expert facilitation and coaching to supervisors and managers regarding OD methods and tools
- Manages the individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders
- Provides consultative services to the business units regarding coaching, leadership, and mentoring
- Plans and leads short- and long-term planning for OD programs
- Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources
- Master's degree in organizational development/organizational behavior. Related experience considered in lieu of education
- Five years of experience in facilitating systems-based training
- Excellent presentation and facilitator skills
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development
- Excellent leadership skills
- HR certifications (SHRM-CP/SCP, PHR/SPHR) a plus
- Large scale project management experience, specifically with leadership development initiatives and corporate change initiatives
- Professionalism and positive relationships with internal and external staff
- Excellent organization skills and attention to details
- Commitment to the mission of our client
Durham Staffing Solutions