Durham Staffing Solutions Omaha, NE
Our not for profit client, is searching for an Executive Director/CEO to continue their mission of building leadership, strengthening organizations and elevating Greater Omaha. The ideal candidate must be able to actively engage leadership qualities to advance the internal and external ethical values of the company.
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY-TO-DAY
This position’s primary responsibility, in partnership with the governing board, is to develop and maintain the mission and vision, explain relevance within the community, and be accountable to its constituents; provide oversight of all company activities and assure organizational stability through implementation of processes and procedures; and ensure long-term solvency of the organization. In addition, and specifically,
- Stakeholders: Work directly with Governing Board, Partner Organizations, Trustees, and staff.
- Leadership & Planning: Chief visionary, innovator, engager, coach, team builder and strategist for organizational sustainability and growth. Acts as organizational spokesperson.
- Governing Board Accountability & Communications: Oversees implementation of Governing Board plans and provides regular progress reports and information that directly impacts the organizations ability to fulfill its goals.
- Relationship Building: Establishes and maintains Trustee, community, regional, national and international relationships; establishes positive relationships with foundations, corporate funders and individual donors.
- Organizational Strategy and Operations: Ensures that the organization's philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization; Leads the strategic planning process, and ensures all decisions align with the strategic plan.
- Administration and Human Resource Management: Plans and ensures stable, ethical organizational structure and culture, ensures that liability risk exposures are identified and treated.
- Programs/Products & Services: Ultimately responsible for the organization’s delivery of innovative, impactful positive and practical business ethics education; works with the staff for implementation.
- Budget: Ultimately responsible for achieving annual revenue and expense goals; works with the Alliance staff for implementation.
- Master’s degree in business, business ethics, communications, leadership, economics or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience at director level or above preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience fundraising including prospect development and grant writing; experience in fee-based revenue generation preferred.
- Experience with budget management, staff supervision, and working with a board of directors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Exceptional relationship building and networking skills.
- The ideal fit is a leader with a passion for small business with a strong initiative to solve challenges and likes the hands-on approach.
- Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and passion for the mission when interfacing with various groups.
- Ability to promote the organization in a positive and professional manner to large, medium and small, for profit and nonprofit leaders and organizations.
- Relies on extensive expertise and good judgment to guide the development of the organization’s future.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks well.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Familiarity with basic technology (Word, Excel, email, calendar, etc.)
- Work independently yet has a strong team focus.
- Reliable transportation is required.
| Date Posted
June 29, 2020
| Date Closes
July 29, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
Based on Experience, Executive compensation
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
11-1011.00 Chief Executives
This job requires the following skills
- Business - Coaching
- Executive Leadership
- HR Administration
- Legal Issues for H.R. and Management
- Public Speaking
- Recruiting and Selection
- Team Management
- Microsoft - Excel
- Microsoft - Outlook
- Microsoft - Word
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
- Public Speaking
- Strong Work Ethic
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position