Fiscal Director- CPA
Durham Staffing Solutions Omaha, NE
Our client is searching for a leader to join their organization as a Fiscal Director. The selected candidate will oversee the timely and accurate completion of all accounting and financial obligations for the organization. Our client offers an amazing culture and benefit package.
This key team member will be responsible for reporting financial performance to the Board, management, outside agencies, and auditors. Prepare and monitor the annual financial budget for the company. Provide oversight of all manual and computerized accounting systems for the agency with the assistance of two direct reports.
- Prepare, compile, and review monthly, quarterly and annual statutory and program financial statements for contract accounting, and for departmental, program, and Board reporting.
- Manage the cash flow for the organization: complete billing for submission to appropriate entities for reimbursement; process or review cash receipts, disbursements, and payroll; monitor and reconcile bank and other accounts.
- Perform managerial and supervisory duties associated with the position. Directly supervise two team members to ensure completion of work in financial reporting and auditing, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, reconciliations, general accounting and all other assigned duties; hires, trains, coaches, counsels and disciplines; conducts performance reviews, and recommends salary increases; prepares for and conducts individual and staff meetings.
- Manage all accounting information systems: organizes manual and computerized accounting methods and controls for efficiency and accuracy of financial transactions; maintains a financial database for management decision-making and reporting; recommends new accounting system and software upgrades that enhance productivity and accuracy; oversees accounting and payroll system installations.
- Coordinate and prepare the annual company budget and monitors financial performance of the company in accordance with the budget. Reports budget variances and prepares budget shifts for review and submission.
- Participate in the general management of the organization and leads or takes an active role in committee meetings and task forces; completes special projects or duties as assigned by the Regional Administrator.
- Coordinate the annual audit of the agency’s financial operations: completes or directs completion of the information required by the external auditors; responds to their questions or requests for additional information; prepares or reviews GAAP financial statements. Monitors ongoing contract compliance, and conducts site audits for expense reimbursements.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager with insurance related activities; obtain insurance coverage including D & O, professional liability, workers’ compensation, general liability, automobile, and group health, life and dental coverage; monitor expenditures and performance.
- Complete necessary technical training and continued education to maintain proficiency in assigned responsibilities and compliancy. Continue independent learning to stay current with statutory and GAAP accounting requirements and practices, as applicable to assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Participate in company-sponsored supervisory and management development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with some coursework or work experience in non-profit accounting
- CPA coupled with seven years’ experience in statutory and GAAP accounting
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for not-for-profit organizations preferred
- Solid financial analytical skills
- Good understanding of basic information system technologies, including both hardware and software technologies, and of network configuration
- Previous managerial experience with demonstrated supervisory skill
- Proficiency in modern business methods, practices, and procedures, including use of related equipment
- Proficiency in M/S Office, especially Excel
| Date Posted
June 29, 2020
| Date Closes
July 29, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, Varies, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| Start Date
| SOC Category
11-3031.01 Treasurers and Controllers
This job offers the following benefits
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Payroll Fundamentals
- Microsoft - Excel
- Microsoft - Word
- Accounting Management
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivables
- Budget Reporting / Analysis
- Cash Flow / Income Analysis
- Cash Management
- Cost Estimating / Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Reporting
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- General Ledger
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Government Accounting
- Non-Profit Accounting
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position