Durham Staffing Solutions Omaha, NE
Our client is adding a Mechanical Engineer to their team. This team member will be responsible for designing and deploying new processes and equipment in addition to developing and implementing improvements to existing manufacturing systems largely for blending, storage, and handling of liquid componentry and products.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design fluid blending, storage, and handling systems that satisfy specific requirements of safety, quality, efficiency, and new business development.
- Participate in and manage projects that support company expansion and cost reduction initiatives.
- Identify and develop opportunities to reduce costs and increase productivity while maintaining quality.
- Design and implement improvements to plant equipment and instrumentation.
- Select components to handle fluids, and to measure and control flow, including hoses, valves, strainers, pressure gauges, filters, flow meters, heat exchangers, and fittings.
- Configure liquid storage tanks, and select related equipment, including heating, insulation, level measurement, and temperature measurement systems.
- Select pumps and design piping for liquids of various viscosities and densities.
- Collaborate with operations to develop layouts for stationary production equipment, including tanks, pumps, piping, conveyors, high-speed packaging equipment, and polymer processing equipment.
- Manage capital projects to successful conclusions, controlling scope, schedule, and budget.
- Accurately estimate engineering time, material and labor costs, and implementation schedules for proposed projects.
- Participate in project implementation, including Factory Acceptance Tests, assembly, installation, and commissioning to ensure systems conform to project specifications and engineering design standards.
- Provide expert engineering advice to internal operations and management personnel.
- Maintain engineering documentation in compliance with company and department standards.
- Develop and maintain engineering standards and procedures.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Three years related experience in a process industry; chemical or petroleum
- Mechanical engineering expertise coupled with fluids experience
Company offers an excellent benefit package!
| Date Posted
March 23, 2020
| Date Closes
April 22, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, $60,000.00 - $78,000.00, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
17-2141.00 Mechanical Engineers
This job requires the following skills
- Construction Estimating / Bidding
- Crane / Hoist Operation
- Hydraulic Crane / Hoist Operation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metal Fabrication
- ProgeCAD Standard
- Cost Estimating / Analysis
- Strong Work Ethic
- Manufacturing - Cost Engineer
- Manufacturing - Engineering
- Manufacturing - Machine Operator
- Manufacturing - Quality Engineering
- Metalworking Fluids Specialist
- Oil and Gas - Engineering
- Product Research and Development
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position