Durham Staffing Solutions Omaha, NE
Our client is searching for an experienced Partnership Accountant. This key team member will be responsible for supervision of the accounting department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records. They offer an excellent work environment with a superior benefit package and easy access right off the interstate.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and distributes monthly financial statements. Also reports quarterly financials to the bank each quarter.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Supervises Accounts Payable Specialist and serves as a backup to that position.
- Prepares semi-monthly payroll for all exempt and non-exempt employees and serves as a backup for processing semi-monthly timesheets.
- Maintain and balance the flexible spending accounts.
- Prepares partner compensation: Draws are prepared monthly and distributions are prepared quarterly.
- Calculates and pays capital interest and building cash reserve annually.
- Manages the cash flow for the Firm.
- Coordinates tax return preparation with outside accounting firm and reviews final tax return and K-1’s.
- Manage all Firm ACH deposits and payments on a daily basis.
- Monitor all bank accounts including reconciling and balance the accounts.
- Manage Iowa and Nebraska Trust Accounts.
- Enter and maintain annual budget.
- Report annual property tax and unclaimed property on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain fixed asset register and compute amortization and depreciation.
- Prepare and distribute weekly states report.
- Post daily AR & AP entries into Perfect Law GL module.
- Supervise the annual production and distribution of Form1099.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Previous experience handling accounting functions in partnership
- Advanced accounting knowledge and above average knowledge of Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong problem solving skills, detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to work with all levels of people within the Firm.
| Date Posted
February 17, 2020
| Date Closes
March 18, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $65,000.00 - $70,000.00, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| Start Date
| SOC Category
This job requires the following skills
- Microsoft - Excel
- Microsoft - Outlook
- Microsoft - Word
- Accounting Management
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivables
- Budget Reporting / Analysis
- Financial Auditing
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Payroll Processing
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Consulting
- Tax Preparation
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position