Durham Staffing Solutions Omaha, NE
Our client is searching for a General Counsel who will serve as the main legal partner for the company and its stakeholders; supporting various departments and the senior leadership team with all strategic initiatives.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity.
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, and clients).
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team.
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Manages litigation action.
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes.
- Proven general counseling experience in business environment.
- Must have broad legal knowledge and experience in (Native American law, corporate law, litigation, labor law, tobacco, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations.
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company.
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Advising executives within the company.
- Working alongside other departments within the company.
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives.
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
| Date Posted
December 2, 2019
| Date Closes
January 1, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
$150,000.00 - $175,000.00, Based on Experience, Executive compensation
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
This job requires the following skills
- Information Security
- Business Law
- Employment Tribunal
- Law and Ethics Specialist
- Legal - Aspects
- Legal - Compliance
- Legal - Liability
- Legal - Research
- Privacy Policies
This job is related other jobs in these career categories