Durham Staffing Solutions Omaha, NE
Our client is searching for an Accounting Coordinator to join their organization. They offer a wonderful work environment, on site gym, and a stellar benefit package once you joing their fabulous team.
This team member will perform a variety of duties related to the general accounting of the firm’s financial activities, including preparing monthly journal entries, reconciling accounts, and compiling financial reports. Prepares information for the outside audit of company financial operations and assists with providing detail to others as requested.
- Collect information and prepares monthly entries, including the billings, and financial statements using the computerized accounting system. Prepares audit work papers; prepares and distributes confirm letters to sub-contractors; reconciles all fiscal year end balances in all accounts; verifies all revenues, receivables, payables and fixed asset balances; assists auditors during field work and procures any needed documents.
- Prepare the bi-weekly payroll: gathers and reviews timesheets for accuracy and leave usage; submits to the payroll processing provider; generates payroll reports for individual and manager use; updates/maintains the computerized employee records; responds to employee payroll questions; reconciles benefit premiums with vendors; completes calculations and year-end procedures. This includes but not limited to: assisting employees with resolving electronic timecard issues and maintaining employee detail information and changes in the payroll system.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts, including cash, and insurance invoices on a monthly basis. Compiles information and assures monthly and quarterly state and federal required reporting is completed and filed.
- Prepare manual deposits of funds received and ledgering of ACH deposits on a timely schedule including credit card reconciliation.
- Prepare the work papers for the annual audit, answers questions and provides information to the outside auditors.
- Completes special projects, and assists the Director with miscellaneous accounting and administrative tasks to support company operations and financial reporting.
- Maintain the chart of accounts, departments, and creates or modifies financial statements as needed.
- Gathers information or generates financial reports to complete annual 1099 reporting.
- Complete necessary technical training, independent learning, and continued education to maintain proficiency in assigned responsibilities and compliancy.
- Participate in company-sponsored supervisory and management development activities.
- Perform various duties associated with the department as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in accounting with one year work experience in the accounting field
- Working knowledge of non-profit, GAAP, 1099 tax law and related regulatory reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of FLSA regulations and federal and state payroll taxes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management staff, employees, and the general public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word and Excel expert), ADP or Sage is also preferred
- Ability to understand and operate computerized systems, including payroll and general ledger
- Experience in general accounting or non-profit accounting, is a big plus
| Date Posted
December 17, 2018
| Date Closes
January 16, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $20.00
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
This job requires the following skills
- Document Processing
- Microsoft - Excel
- Microsoft - Word
- Accounting Management
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivables
- Billing / Invoicing
- Budget Reporting / Analysis
- Cash Management
- Cost Estimating / Analysis
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- General Ledger
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Government Accounting
- Microsoft Office Accounting
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position