Manufacture products with the highest standards of quality, purity and integrity and assists in maintaining raw materials inventories following cGMP (current good manufacturing practices). Assist other Formulators when needed.
Reports to: Operations / Production Manager
Supervises: Other Formulators as needed
Required: Some secondary education in Chemistry or related field.
Preferred: B.S. in Chemistry or Sciences
Preferred: Forklift Certification
Required: 2-5 years manufacturing experience in formulating and blending.
Preferred: Experience with good manufacturing practices and FDA regulations.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of ALL raw materials, production processes, quality assurance, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
- Quality Control Analysis — Inspections of raw materials, Known applications of process and finished products.
- Static Strength — The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift 100 lbs, push, pull, or carry objects up steps. Ability to move 400 lb drums.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information, report changes or updates with formulation group, and write and submit ideas presented in writing.
- Reporting: - Knowledge of weekly reporting, and accurate account for schedule changes based on variables of machine, or finished product changes.
- Inventory Management – Knowledge of material end usage, needs or to identify shortages, material dating or material not fit for use.
- Scale Operation---- Knowledge of digital scale and balance scale usage.
- Recordkeeping---- Record weights and circle numbers accurately on batch records.
- Blending--- The ability to accurately formulate liquid and dry raw materials and work with quality team on updates to S.O.P and or training for equipment or personnel.
- Pallet Jack Operation--- Knowledge of correct pallet jack usage and storage.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work--- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, increase team work efficiency, and accomplish work based on scheduled time lines.
- Body positions: Standing for long periods of time. The ability to bend, stretch, twist, and/or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Body movements: Walking; turning head and torso; bending and flexing arms, wrists and fingers. Bending body and continuous lifting of 50 lbs. Using hands and arms in handling, positioning, and moving materials.
- Body senses: Must have adequate senses to perform the required duties of the position
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, and maintenance, HACCP training, SQF training, and retention of information from training to give team guidance.
- Math: Knowledge of basic arithmetic and algebra.
- Language: Must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate effectively.
- Science: Full understanding of Chemistry applications.
- Work is primarily in an environmentally controlled manufacturing plant. ABS Corporation involves a physical, fast-paced environment that involves continual lifting, lowering, and sliding bulk packages that typically weigh 25-50lbs and may weigh up to 400 lbs.
- Maintain raw material inventories.
- Work under supervision of the Operations / Production Manager to manufacture high quality products.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Updating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow/Train and Maintain good safety practices.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with regulations, or standards.
- Produce a quality product efficiently.
- Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices.
- Maintain manufacturing batch records and log books accurately.
- Get along with fellow coworkers and build a team environment.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Maintaining raw material inventory and storage area, making sure all raw materials are used on a first in, first out basis.
- Maintain all Log Books on equipment.
- Work under the supervision of the Operations / Production Manager to manufacturer high quality products.
- Clean and verify overseeing those rooms, tools, equipment and other cleaning solutions are up to date and verified they are clean before manufacture.
- Compound products according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review deviations, CAPA items, from Standard Operating Procedures or Manufacturing procedures submitted in writing and approved by technical services and/or Quality Assurance.
- Remove all raw material and place back into proper storage areas and update inventories.
- Oversee or clean room and equipment at end of manufacture per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Train Junior Formulators in all manufacturing processes and to assist in the formulations and final cleaning process.
- Consistently demonstrate company Standard Operating Procedures and safe working habits.
- Maintain Good Housekeeping practices.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Accurately use lab testing equipment for P.H. and Viscosity products.
- Train Formulators and Junior Formulators in the proper Standard Operating Procedures in all phases of manufacture.
1. Make best use of time.
2. Perform other duties as may be required from time to time.
3. Have good verbal communication skills and provide constructive criticism.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
1. Timely completion of work assignments.
2. Ability to follow instruction.
3. Accuracy and completeness of work performed.
4. Compliance with cGMP, Standard Operating Procedures, and other corporate standards.
5. Ability to meet specified output for the scheduled shift.
6. The state of morale, effective communication and coordination among personnel within the
7. Ability to maintain good safety practices.
8. Ability to produce products correctly and with high standard.
9. Ability to maintain good attendance.
10. Ability to work as a team player.