To coordinate and assist with Research and Development project workflow. This includes ingredient sourcing, packaging sourcing and hands on development of product and procedures. Documenting the process flow for completion of full manufacturing production record.
Reports to: President / R&D Director
Required: Associates Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or Chemistry
Required: 2-3 years’ experience in Chemistry or pharmaceutical/food manufacturing plant.
Preferred: 5 years’ experience in current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) and FDA manufacturing and regulations.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES
- Communication - Strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication, problem solving and decision making skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Production and Process Control- Understanding of raw materials, production and process control, Quality Control, and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Quality Control- Review work of R&D associates and inspect use of ingredients and products for quality and document in detail.
- Operation Monitoring- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure equipment and mixture of product is working properly.
- Active Listening- Providing full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Computer Skills- The ability to perform tasks on the computer. Working in computer programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Math Skills- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly. The ability to understand multiple units of measure in both English and Metric system.
- Reading Comprehension- Understanding written procedures in work related documents.
- Writing- Communicating effectively in writing in detail for the needs of the audience.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or perform sorting actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations). Accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object.
Body positions: Standing for long periods of time. The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
Body movements: Walking; turning head and torso; bending and flexing arms, wrists and fingers. Bending body and lifting of 10-50 lbs. Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
Body senses: Must have adequate senses to perform the required duties of the position.
Near Vision: The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Visual Color Discrimination: The ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
Mechanical: Knowledge of analytical and mechanical instruments, including their implementation, design, use, and maintenance.
Science: Knowledge of Chemistry and Quality standard and principles.
Language: Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to communicate effectively and professionally.
Work is primarily in an environmentally controlled facility
- Coordinate Research and Development projects
- Help in development of products by using hands on process.
- Document all stages of product development until product is approved by customer
- Perform specific tasks efficiently and accurately as requested by the President and R&D Director.
- Communicate with ingredient suppliers, packaging suppliers and other outside vendors.
- Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment in the product development phase.
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Comply with safety regulations, standards and company policy and procedures.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Adhere to policies and procedures for testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or equipment.
- Review and document the development of quality standards and protocols to be used during product development to be implemented in finished product repeatability.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure that any regulatory requirements are documented and communicated to all departments.
- Write reports establishing procedure to be followed in controlling the quality of products produced for the facility.
- Performs chemical laboratory analysis as required.
- Understand the intent of cGMP's and stay current with new government regulations.
- Review product design for compliance among company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Document new product and/or enhance existing design based on customer input and product requirements in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies areas for process improvements on existing and new products to be developed within the Research, Development and Technology department.
- Initiate and update requirements for the project, communicate findings to the all departments.
- Regularly communicate timelines to the President and R&D Director.
- Coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters of the Research, Development and Technology department. Transfer information and materials to manufacturing by performing the following duties personally or through project staff.
- Make best use of time during work periods.
- Perform other duties as assigned or may be required from time to time.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Timely completion of work assignments.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Accuracy and completeness of work performed.
- Computer skills.
- Effectively communication and coordination among personnel within the ABS Corporation.
- Ability to maintain good safety practices.
- Ability to meet specified output for the scheduled shift.
- The state of morale, effective communication and coordination among personnel within the company.
- Write weekly report of activities in process and completed.