Quality Control Technician
ABS Corporation Omaha, NE
Ensure compliance of all equipment and materials and confirm they are current with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). Perform specific tasks efficiently and accurately to keep manufacturing process running and in compliance. Monitor, document and report any variances to the Quality Control Manager.
- Maintain current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ensure compliance
- Inspect equipment or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems of defect.
- Perform specific tasks efficiently and accurately as requested by Quality Control Manager before, during and after production.
- Follow and administer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain good safety practices and report any variances to Management for corrective action.
- Comply with regulations and standards and help set, direct and record results.
- Get along with fellow coworkers and build a team environment.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Review of inbound material (labels, packaging, raw material, etc.) and make sure it meets standards set by Quality Control Chemist and create the proper paperwork for filing and electronically scan and document process.
- Check, sample, identify and release labels, packaging and raw material assuring it meets or exceeds standards set and document.
- Production Line start-ups are on time and that all rooms and equipment are clean are up and running according to cGMP, including fill weigh of product, product density, viscosity, pH levels and taste if necessary.
- Comply with regulations and help set standards.
- Pull samples of raw and finished products for testing as needed.
- Product inspections at beginning, middle and end of process and review of records as needed.
- Document and help set of operating procedures for any New Equipment and review existing equipment standard operating procedures to adhere to current regulations.
- Some secondary education in Chemistry or related field but prefer a BS/BA in Chemistry or related field with strong math skills with 1-2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/food manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to lift 25-50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have adequate senses to determine visual color discrimination.
- Must have Microsoft Office computer skills.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation, paid holidays and more.
| Date Posted
October 20, 2017
| Date Closes
December 19, 2017
7031 N 16th Street
| Located In
Assure integrity, purity and quality of all products and review and record receiving, storage, manufacturing, processing, holding and shipping of products.
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
19-4099.01 Quality Control Analysts
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Paid Vacations
This job requires the following skills
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Team Member
- Strong Work Ethic
- Microsoft Windows Desktop
- Manufacturing - Quality Technician
- Other - Analyst
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position