Build your career at Buildertrend, ranked #1 in Best Places to Work in Omaha 2019, 2020 & 2021!
- Buildertrend is looking for an Application Development Manager responsible for directing and managing the activities of a team of developers involved in the design, development, deployment, and support of Web and Mobile Applications.
- The environment is utilizing Native Android and iOS as well as the Microsoft .NET Stack and React. The position is primarily responsible for supporting and developing scalable and reliable Mobile Applications. Ideal candidates should have experience supporting production, mobile applications. Web based experience is a PLUS!
- This is an ideal position for someone who has been a senior level development or management role and is interested in providing strategic direction and leadership to a team of developers.
Things to look forward to
- Coordinates the roadmap with Product/UX/Data Science between the full site and mobile applications to improve quality, consistency, and client satisfaction
- Leads a team of native iOS and Android developers through mentoring, shadowing and providing frequent feedback
- Ensures compliance with the established software development methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) for these projects
- Ensures adherence to testing plans and change management policy for areas of responsibility
- Assists with application code reviews to ensure compliance with application development best practices
- Establishes technology project plan for updates, upgrades and application implementation for areas of responsibility
- Design, implementation and maintenance of multiple native applications, which integrate into enterprise software architecture
- Implementing well-architected, well-documented, high-quality code at a fast pace
- Moving quickly between varied engineering tasks
- Interaction with stakeholders throughout the Engineering department
The preferred candidates
- 8+ years of application development leadership experience
- 3-5 years of mobile development experience
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Excellent verbal, written and group presentation skills
- Team building and conflict resolution skills
- Strong ability to resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to delegate and assign activities with clear timelines
- Ability to develop and manage project plans, estimates and implementations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
Perks and benefits
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
- Team Happy Hours
- Bottomless Soda Pop
- Relaxed Dress
Buildertrend is cutting-edge, cloud-based project management software. With nearly 1 million users across the globe, we empower the construction industry with a better way to build. Our software helps construction professionals build more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors, and increasing customer satisfaction. From Estimating, Scheduling, and Change Order features to Client Communication and Document Management tools, our feature set is here to streamline every aspect of the construction process. As a partner in our customers success, our team provides unmatched support, every step of the way. At Buildertrend, we believe in providing an all-in-one solution to solve real problems, deliver real results, and change the way the world builds.
Founded in Omaha in 2006, Buildertrend is quickly becoming the industry standard. Buildertrend is changing the way the world builds. Using technology to bring all parties together, Buildertrend has quickly become the product of the future. The innovative solutions and team atmosphere are what makes Buildertrend one of the hottest employers in Omaha.
If you want to learn more about us, check out: http://buildertrend.com/about.aspx
Come be a part of the fun and challenging environment at our new headquarters conveniently located off 120th and I-80.
Equal opportunity employer
At Buildertrend, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Buildertrend believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company, and seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To see the complete list of Essential Job Functions, click here https://buildertrend.com/essential-job-functions-notice/