[Remote employment is possible with this role.]
Tigerpaw is on the hunt for a Business Development Manager/Sales Development Representative to join our overly caffeinated team Tigers. This person will be responsible for qualifying new business prospects and initiating their journey into the world of Tigerpaw.
Maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for?
You have experience as a BDR or SDR and an awesome personality, high energy level, and unwavering swagger. You love being on the phone, but quick to recognize when it’s no longer a business conversation and can exit a call with grace and professionalism. When someone shows you the playbook for how to win, you are all in. You possess the ability to pull off the color orange and a desire to win by helping c-level executives build more profitable businesses.
If this sounds like you, then welcome to the jungle, baby.
This is a job and a company where you are encouraged to let your geek flag fly and to be your authentic self. We welcome your energy, enthusiasm, and the things you are passionate about.
In addition to playing a critical role in our business development efforts, you also will have the chance to be a member of a learning-focused company that values the soft skills that make coming to work awesome: communication, listening, being supportive of your team members, empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, and how to high-five a co-worker while holding a fresh slice of pizza.
If the idea of working with a great team gets your blood flowing, in an environment that embraces modern ideas on leadership, company culture, and team building — then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for. (There will be a Roar test.)
Summary and responsibilities
Tigerpaw is looking for a Business Development Manager/Sales Development Representative to act as our newest team member. This person will be responsible for:
- Prospecting into new business opportunities across multiple channels
- Making a minimum of 75 touchpoints a day through calls and/or emails to Tigerpaw prospects
- Identifying key buying signals and confirm prospective client meets qualifications for sales to continue prospecting
- Learning and mastering Tigerpaw products and sales process
- Proactively calling and qualifying prospects generated from marketing lists, leads, tradeshows and former prospects who you will re-engage
- Generating 8+ appointments with sales qualified opportunities per week
- Achieving and/or exceeding quota
Qualifications and core competencies
Think you’d be a good fit to join our Streak of Tigers? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Unwavering business ethics – You treat people with respect, keep commitments, and earn the trust of others
- Excellent communication skills – You express thoughts clearly and succinctly verbally and in writing, and you demonstrate active listening skills
- Ability to articulate our value and competitive stance
- Exceptional positioning and qualification skills, with proven evidence of reaching sales objectives
- Ability to uncover needs through a consultative approach
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Strong computer skills
- Basic knowledge of the IT, Professional Services, CRM or ERP markets and applications is preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred, experience considered without degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience is preferred
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your team’s mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and positively encourage them to continue to DO THE THING!
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other driven and productive professionals, multiple-disciplined thought leaders, and super nerds.
- You appreciate a good high-five from a teammate over a great idea or a completed project.
- You like the idea of trading in your blouses and blazers for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (And you dig the idea of having a closet full of Tiger-themed work shirts — and yes, we have managed to create some that have a tiger wranglin’ a dragon on them.)
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You like Star Trek or Star Wars. There is no right answer, but you should probably have an opinion on the matter.
- You are excited to help your team and coworkers, but you are also capable of handling your individual projects — and you are always focused on driving projects to completion and success.
- You think silos are incompatible in a modern workplace environment (read: they’re stupid) and you welcome the opportunity to work in a no-silo environment where you are encouraged to work and play across department lines, roles, and titles.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of passionate high-performers gets you excited. And the idea of being part of a modern workplace culture of empowered team members gets you pumped in a big way.
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package amd the opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
This exciting full-time position will report to our VP of Sales.
All offers of employment at Tigerpaw are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.