Tigerpaw is on the hunt for a Director of Marketing to join our overly caffeinated team of Tigers. This person will oversee our content marketing and lead generation activities. This person also will serve as a member of the Tigerpaw leadership team.
Maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for?
You have a passion for creating, maintaining, and distributing killer content that drives traffic and interest. You understand that as fun as branding and creative work can be, the real value of marketing is generating leads for the sales team to convert into customers.
This is a job and a company where you are encouraged to let your geek flag fly and be your authentic self. We welcome your energy, enthusiasm, and the things you are passionate about.
In addition to leading marketing, you also will have the chance to be a member of a learning-focused company that values the soft skills that make coming to work awesome: communication, listening, being supportive of your team members, empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, and how to high-five a co-worker while holding a fresh slice of pizza.
We value passion, creativity, sound marketing strategies, ownership and accountability, team collaboration, bad puns, and building up others to make our team better through teamwork and camaraderie.
If the idea of working with a great team gets your blood flowing, in an environment that embraces modern ideas on leadership, company culture, and team building — then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for. (There will be a Roar test.)
Summary and responsibilities
Tigerpaw is looking for a Director of Marketing to act as our newest team member. This person will be responsible for leading our marketing efforts including:
- Generating leads! Generating leads! Generating leads!
- Overseeing development of all marketing content, including social media, email, print, web, audio, and video
- Developing and managing the overall marketing budget
- Developing and maintaining the content calendar for all marketing channels
- Developing and executing successful strategies for tradeshows and industry events
- Establishing relationships with trade press to increase Tigerpaw’s stature in the media
- Developing and tracking metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities
- Collaborating with internal departments, external partners, and customers to develop financially sound, creative, compelling and differentiated marketing initiatives
- Acting as a brand champion for the organization, ensuring that all materials maintain Tigerpaw and core partner brand standards
- Participating in strategic planning as a member of the Tigerpaw Leadership Team
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and coaching that fosters an environment of problem solving, improved business practices, fun, and speed, and attracts and retains superior talent
Qualifications and core competencies
Think you’d be a good fit to join our Streak of Tigers? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of agency or in-house marketing experience
- Minimum 4 years of direct management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of B2B marketing – must be able to demonstrate success in lead generation strategies!
- Ability to thrive as an independent thinker who can operate in ambiguity
- Ability to link team’s work to support company purpose, mission, values, goals, and strategies
- Knowledge of current marketing channels including digital, print, and social media
- Desire to try new things
- Ability to take initiative and strictly adhere to deadlines
- Ability to think strategically but also produce tangible deliverables and elements for multi-part campaigns
- Familiarity with SEO, CRO, SMM, MQL, ABM, CMS, PPC, and CRM
- Proficiency in marketing and productivity platforms such as HubSpot, content management systems, workflows, Monday.com, Google Analytics, Adwords, WordPress, lead-flows, landing pages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with technology services a plus
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your team’s mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and positively encourage them to continue to DO THE THING!
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other fun, driven and productive professionals, multiple-disciplined thought leaders.
- You appreciate a good high-five from a teammate over a great idea or a completed project.
- You like the idea of trading in your blouses and blazers for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (And you dig the idea of having a closet full of Tiger-themed work shirts — and yes, we have managed to create some that have a tiger wranglin’ a dragon on them.)
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You like Star Trek or Star Wars. There is no right answer, but you should probably have an opinion on the matter.
- You are excited to help your team and coworkers, but you are also capable of handling your individual projects — and you are always focused on driving projects to completion and success.
- You think silos are incompatible in a modern workplace environment (read: they’re stupid) and you welcome the opportunity to work in a no-silo environment where you are encouraged to work and play across department lines, roles, and titles.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of passionate high-performers gets you excited. And the idea of being part of a modern workplace culture of empowered team members gets you pumped in a big way.
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
This exciting full-time position will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
All offers of employment at Tigerpaw are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
CONTACT: Joel Vaslow, firstname.lastname@example.org
[Resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements must be included in your response in order to be considered for this role]