Maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for?
As our Senior Software Developer, you will work alongside our QA and product teams to design and build new features in our core business automation software platform. You will design, build, craft, write, and create code that is efficient, reusable, reliable, and doesn’t suck. You are willing to take a user story and code out the requested feature when necessity demands, but also able to ask questions to better understand how your development decisions could better benefit our customers. You can see the ones and zeros of the code but are also mindful that the work we do has a direct impact on thousands of businesses and livelihoods. (What we’re saying is that you can think of the people as well as the code. And to clarify: you are only expected to build code, not people. This is not a Soylent Green situation: we’re not making that mistake again.)
At Tigerpaw, we embrace the weird, the odd, the unusual, and the quirky. So much so that we even added “Quirky, Fun and Friendly” as one of our core values. (It’s just above the unofficial core values of “Bacon”* and “Shenanigans.”)
This is a job and a company where you are encouraged to let your geek flag fly. We welcome your energy, enthusiasm, and the things you are passionate about.
In addition to owning the technical design of our software, you also will have the chance to be a member of a learning-focused company that values the soft skills that make coming to work awesome: communication, listening, being supportive of your team members, empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, and how to high-five a co-worker while holding a fresh slice of pizza.
We value passion, creativity, ownership and accountability, team collaboration, bad puns, and building up others to make our team better through teamwork and camaraderie.
If the idea of working with a great team gets your blood flowing, in an environment that embraces modern ideas on leadership, company culture, and team building; if you put people first; and if you’re not scared away by our quirky culture — then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for. (There will be a Roar test.)
Summary and responsibilities
Tigerpaw is looking for a Senior Software Developer to act as our newest
Lego Master team member. This person will be responsible for:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Delivering projects according to timelines and scope
- Training coworkers on new functionality and features
- Responding to requests and researching questions for both internal staff and external clients
- Performing technical analysis of feature requests
- Providing input on user interface to improve usability
- Working in a Senior Developer capacity to help facilitate teamwork and drive projects forward (you are happy to answer questions from your team and help each other out.)
You may also be called upon to referee inter-departmental trivia contests and assist in the selection of beer and barbecue for team outings.
Qualifications and core competencies
Think you’d be a good fit to join our Streak of Tigers? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of .NET application development experience required including use of .NET Core
- Expert knowledge of C#, JSON, RESTful Web Services, and Microservices
- Knowledge of Source Code Control (TFS/VSS)
- Experience with a modern Web Framework (React, Angular JS)
- Experience developing Web Apps and Services on AWS/Azure
- Ability to code, analyze, de-bug, and deliver clean, validated, maintainable code
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Extensive background in software design and understanding of user-centric practices
- Proven record of keeping up with the latest innovations in technology
- Ability to effectively explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and tasks while also functioning in a team environment. You play well with others and genuinely want to help your team succeed.
- Ability to communicate (email, phone, IM and in-person) clearly and courteously with both external and internal parties.
- Baseline understanding of how large-scale software projects are planned out, developed, and tested
- Associates degree required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent preferred
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your team’s mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and positively encourage them to continue to DO THE THING!
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other fun, geeky, driven and productive professionals, multiple-disciplined thought leaders, and super nerds.
- You appreciate a good high-five from a teammate over a great idea or a completed project.
- You like the idea of trading in your blouses and blazers for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (And you dig the idea of having a closet full of Tiger-themed work shirts — and yes, we have managed to create some that have a tiger wranglin’ a dragon on them.)
- You believe in getting your hands dirty (metaphorically; please keep your keyboard clean and non-grotey) and tackling those tough digital puzzles
- You recognize that Slack is awesome, but sometimes the best solution is to get out of your chair and go talk to a coworker in person
- You can unravel a legacy code mystery as easily as Weezer can destroy a sweater.
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You like Star Trek or Star Wars. There is no right answer, but you should probably have an opinion on the matter.
- You are excited to help your team and coworkers, but you are also capable of handling your individual projects — and you are always focused on driving projects to completion and success.
- You think silos are incompatible in a modern workplace environment (read: they’re stupid) and you welcome the opportunity to work in a no-silo environment where you are encouraged to work and play across department lines, roles, and titles.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of passionate high-performers gets you excited. And the idea of being part of a modern workplace culture of empowered team members gets you pumped in a big way.
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package in a relaxed, quirky, fun and friendly company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
This exciting full-time position will report to our Manager of Software Development.
All offers of employment at Tigerpaw are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
CONTACT: Christian Burk firstname.lastname@example.org
[Resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements must be included in your response in order to be considered for this role]
*Love of bacon is not a requirement for this position. We have several vegetarians and vegans on our team who we fully embrace as our tigery brethren and sistren.