Tigerpaw is on the hunt for a Manager of Technical Support to join our overly caffeinated team of quirky, fun and friendly Tigers.
This person will be responsible for leading a team of Tigers in providing top-notch, customer-centric technical support to our customers.
Maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for?
You have experience in providing technical customer support and an unwavering passion for delighting customers. You possess the ability to pull off the color orange and a desire to win by solving problems collaboratively.
If this sounds like you, then welcome to the jungle, baby.
At Tigerpaw, we embrace the weird, the odd, the unusual, and the quirky. So much so that we even added “Quirky, Fun and Friendly” as one of our core values. (It’s just above the unofficial core values of “Bacon”* and “Shenanigans.”)
This is a job and a company where you are encouraged to let your geek flag fly. We welcome your energy, enthusiasm, and the things you are passionate about.
In addition to playing a critical role in our customer retention efforts, you also will have the chance to be a member of a learning-focused company that values the soft skills that make coming to work awesome: communication, listening, being supportive of your team members, empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, and how to high-five a co-worker while holding a fresh slice of pizza.
If the idea of working with a great team gets your blood flowing, in an environment that embraces modern ideas on leadership, company culture, and team building; if you put people first; and if you’re not scared away by our quirky culture — then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for. (There will be a Roar test.)
Summary and responsibilities
Tigerpaw is looking for a Manager of Technical Support to act as our newest
Lego Master team member. This person will be responsible for:
- Managing a team to deliver effective, customer-centric technical support for the Tigerpaw Software products
- Ensuring service levels and response times exceed SLA’s and working toward customer issue resolution at all times
- Overseeing activities of individual contributors who perform technical support responsibilities via telephone, email, and chat to identify or fix issues experienced by Tigerpaw customers
- Scheduling, staffing, management and development of employees
- Coaching team to demonstrate empathetic customer service
- Providing measurable feedback on service delivery
- Participating in required team management activities including interviews, hires, terminations, and performance evaluations
- Having regular interaction with clients
- Developing and maintaining technical and procedural documentation including KPI’s, workflows, and diagrams
- Identifying and leading efforts to implement improvements and automations for routine and repetitive tasks
- Communicating incidents and thematic trends to key stakeholders within the company
- Work with various department to monitor and learn new software enhancements in order to properly support customers
- Building and maintaining relationships with outside partners and identified vendors
- Overseeing the development and ongoing maintenance of a comprehensive knowledgebase
- Developing, documenting, and refining processes for effective technical support
You may also be called upon to referee inter-departmental trivia contests and assist in the selection of beer and barbecue for team outings.
Qualifications and core competencies
Think you’d be a good fit to join our Streak of Tigers? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 4 years of experience IT Help Desk, IT service management, or technical support; including at least 1 with supervision of direct reports
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team with effective leadership skills
- Strong and effective communication and customer service skills
- Effective problem resolution skills
- Strong experience with and passion for developing, documenting, and maintaining customer support processes
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Ability to assess job related performance and counsel technical support personnel
- Strong organization skills to manage an array of activities concurrently, and an ability to quickly see changing needs and subsequently react with modifications to priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in or equivalent business experience
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your team’s mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and positively encourage them to continue to DO THE THING!
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other fun, geeky, driven and productive professionals, multiple-disciplined thought leaders, and super nerds.
- You appreciate a good high-five from a teammate over a great idea or a completed project.
- You like the idea of trading in your blouses and blazers for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (And you dig the idea of having a closet full of Tiger-themed work shirts — and yes, we have managed to create some that have a tiger wranglin’ a dragon on them.)
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You like Star Trek or Star Wars. There is no right answer, but you should probably have an opinion on the matter.
- You are excited to help your team and coworkers, but you are also capable of handling your individual projects — and you are always focused on driving projects to completion and success.
- You think silos are incompatible in a modern workplace environment (read: they’re stupid) and you welcome the opportunity to work in a no-silo environment where you are encouraged to work and play across department lines, roles, and titles.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of passionate high-performers gets you excited. And the idea of being part of a modern workplace culture of empowered team members gets you pumped in a big way.
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package in a relaxed, quirky, fun and friendly company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
This exciting full-time position will report to our Director of Customer Success.
All offers of employment at Tigerpaw are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
CONTACT: Suzy Kratochvil, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Love of bacon is not a requirement for this position. We have several vegetarians and vegans on our team who we fully embrace as our tigery brethren and sistren.