Tigerpaw is on the hunt for an IT Specialist to join our overly caffeinated team of quirky, fun and friendly Tigers. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive IT professional who can work with employees and customers to ensure continued success through projects.
Maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for?
We pride ourselves on the personalized and responsive service we provide to our customers. We're looking for a new team member who shares our passion for service and looks forward to taking care of the technology needs of our employees. We also value continuous learning and we're constantly evolving the technology used by our employees and our customers. We're seeking someone who would be pumped about learning new technologies as we grow and evolve.
At Tigerpaw, we embrace the weird, the odd, the unusual, and the quirky. So much so that we even added “Quirky, Fun and Friendly” as one of our core values. (It’s just above the unofficial core values of “Bacon”* and “Shenanigans.”)
This is a job and a company where you are encouraged to let your geek flag fly. We welcome your energy, enthusiasm, and the things you are passionate about.
In addition to being a go-to resource for our employees and customers, you also will have the chance to be a member of a learning-focused company that values the soft skills that make coming to work awesome: communication, listening, being supportive of your team members, empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, and how to high-five a co-worker while holding a fresh slice of pizza.
We value passion, creativity, ownership and accountability, team collaboration, bad puns, and building up others to make our team better through teamwork and camaraderie.
If the idea of working with a great team gets your blood flowing, in an environment that embraces modern ideas on leadership, company culture, and team building; if you put people first; and if you’re not scared away by our quirky culture — then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for. (There will be a Roar test.)
Summary and responsibilities
Tigerpaw is looking for an IT Specialist to act as our newest
Lego Master team member. This person will be responsible for:
- Internal IT break/fix
- Working internal software support tickets for Windows network environment and line-of-business applications, triaging and escalating tickets as necessary
- Diagnosing basic hardware problems in laptop and desktop PCs
- Being part of an on-call rotation to potentially come into the office and respond to incidents after hours
- Internal IT move/add/change
- Seting up new employee IT assets to include both physical setup & software configuration of new PCs and desk phones
- Relocating PCs and desk phones between work areas
- Migrating employees’ data between old and new PCs
- Creating/removing user accounts in Windows Active Directory domain and line-of-business apps and services to support staffing changes
- Completing basic PC hardware upgrades (hard drive, memory, etc.) on desktops and laptops
- Internal IT infrastructure projects
- Working with the IT Manager to complete elements of long-term infrastructure improvement projects, upgrades, etc.
- Gaining a level of familiarity with new technologies and software involved in these projects, e.g. AWS, proprietary applications, etc.
- Assisting in planning and documenting infrastructure
- Day to day network administration
- Participating in basic management and oversight of Windows servers including but not limited to file servers, IIS web servers, SQL database servers
- Keeping up to date on latest computer security threats and take preventative action
- IT subject matter expert
- Occasionally consulting with sales department, customers, or prospects on their IT needs and giving guidance in reparing IT assets to run the software we sell as our primary business
- Representing the IT department in internal planning meetings etc.
- External support escalations
- Consulting on support tickets from our customers that require an expert IT opinion
You may also be called upon to referee inter-departmental trivia contests and assist in the selection of beer and barbecue for team outings.
Qualifications and core competencies
Think you’d be a good fit to join our Streak of Tigers? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Three-years of experience with the configuration, design, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware/networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field; equivalency considered
- Extensive Windows troubleshooting experience, encompassing at least networking, system configuration, and application issues
- Prefer specific experience with IIS version 7 or greater and Microsoft SQL Server
- Some experience in a business setting is a must, but applicable experience for personal purposes will also be considered on top of this
- Comfort with command-line software preferred, PowerShell knowledge is a plus
- Experience administrating Windows in a networked/domain environment with shared resources
- Familiarity with Windows Active Directory concepts and practical use
- Familiarity with PC hardware, comfortable doing basic diagnostics and upgrades such as hard disk and RAM
- Familiarity with web infrastructure concepts such as APIs, web servers and web application servers, and their underpinning technologies
- Working knowledge of IT security best practices, current threats & their mitigations
- Working knowledge of virtualization concepts and practices
- Understand good backup and disaster recovery practices and how to apply them
- Must be able to demonstrate proper judgment and care while working with production systems, double-check or escalate when necessary before taking action
- Familiarity with TCP/IP
- Familiarity with architecture and maintenance of routers, switches, and wireless access points
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn basics of cloud infrastructure platforms like AWS & Azure and otherwise achieve a basic working level of proficiency in new systems & technologies as the business requires
- Hands-on familiarity with the following a plus: HyperV and VMWare
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your team’s mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and positively encourage them to continue to DO THE THING!
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other fun, geeky, driven and productive professionals, multiple-disciplined thought leaders, and super nerds.
- You appreciate a good high-five from a teammate over a great idea or a completed project.
- You like the idea of trading in your blouses and blazers for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (And you dig the idea of having a closet full of Tiger-themed work shirts — and yes, we have managed to create some that have a tiger wranglin’ a dragon on them.)
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You like Star Trek or Star Wars. There is no right answer, but you should probably have an opinion on the matter.
- You are excited to help your team and coworkers, but you are also capable of handling your individual projects — and you are always focused on driving projects to completion and success.
- You think silos are incompatible in a modern workplace environment (read: they’re stupid) and you welcome the opportunity to work in a no-silo environment where you are encouraged to work and play across department lines, roles, and titles.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated team of passionate high-performers gets you excited. And the idea of being part of a modern workplace culture of empowered team members gets you pumped in a big way.
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package in a relaxed, quirky, fun and friendly company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
This exciting full-time position will report to our Manager of IT.
All offers of employment at Tigerpaw are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
CONTACT: Mike Hartman, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Love of bacon is not a requirement for this position. We have several vegetarians and vegans on our team who we fully embrace as our tigery brethren and sistren.