Tigerpaw is on the prowl for a quirky, fun and friendly Director of Sales to reinvigorate our passionate Sales Team. You must be a highly motivated person who is able to embrace new ideas, drive innovation, develop successful sales processes, hold people accountable, hit your numbers, and work and play with a wide variety of clientele (and crazy co-workers).
This is a challenging and demanding position that leads a dedicated team of sales pros and reports directly to our Tiger-in-Chief, James Foxall. You will work collaboratively, seamlessly, and cross-departmentally across the organization. On any given day you may be coaching our team, developing sales strategies, conducting industry research, high-fiving a co-worker over closing a deal, or discussing the intricacies of the Marvel Phase 3 cinematic rollout and what impact Ron Howard’s vision will have on the new Han Solo film. (Please don’t suck!)
We thrive on our core values, continuous improvement, and believe that everyone on our team deserves coffee. A caffeinated tiger is a happy tiger, and an alert salesman is eager to make more calls.
If you have extensive experience in SAAS sales, if you put people first, and if you’ve read the leadership bios on this page and you’re not scared away by our quirky culture — then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for.
Summary and Responsibilities:
- Be a hands-on sales leader – actively engaged in helping your team close deals. You need to be a great sales professional and a closer yourself in order to help and inspire your team.
- Act as single point of sales information for the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Become the face of the Tigerpaw sales organization who can represent the company at strategic community and/or business meetings to promote Tigerpaw, our products, the company, and our unique culture.
- Responsible for creating quarterly and annual sales plans, sales budget, staffing plans, compensation plans, and individual goals to meet the plan. Review and optimize sales organization to increase sales efficiencies while simplifying reporting and budgeting procedures.
- Roll up the sales pipeline and forecast for sales divisions of the company on a weekly basis along with key productivity metrics. Develop automated tools and processes to improve existing reporting process.
- Take ownership of the business beyond the sales numbers. Creates a successful selling environment based around the value proposition, strategic partnerships and a scalable and repeatable sales process. Promote positive relations with partners, vendors and distributors.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to optimize existing messaging and to analyze and review new and tangential markets where existing products and services can be sold.
- Provide clear and targeted feedback on the product to the marketing and development groups to help improve planning and execution of short, intermediate and long-term plans.
- Communicate pipeline with training and implementation team to better prepare them to service new clients.
- Embraces and lives by the company core values: Customer Success Driven; Passionate about Process; Adaptable to Change; Quirky, Fun and Friendly; Put People First.
- Ability to embrace and enhance the existing Tigerpaw culture, in all its Tigery glory. (Tiger puns are a bonus.)
- Passionate about aggressive lead follow up and acquiring new customers.
- Communicate openly, honestly, and directly with clients and team members.
- Follow industry trends and competitors — and share that knowledge internally.
- Highly ethical in all endeavors.
- You need to be “the real deal” and be able to walk your talk.
- Must have had senior, executive-level sales responsibility that exceeded $7.5M and experience building and managing a sales organization in a fast-tracked, high-growth environment.
- Must excel at team building and possess strong coaching, mentoring and recruiting skills.
- Demonstrated record of progressive success with a broad background in direct, indirect, international and large account sales to the SMB market.
- Understands and uses sales reporting tools to monitor performance and track sales goals. Uses standardized sales training methodologies to maximize team performance and closed-won accounts.
- Must be able to create high-level sales presentations around the value proposition. Must be comfortable making public keynote presentations at trade shows (and not be boring).
- Candidate must be hands-on with superb individual selling and negotiating skills and can be active in driving the larger deals.
- Experience selling On Demand, SaaS (Software as a Service) or ASP (Application Service Provider) subscription model preferred.
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You have an intricate and in-depth understanding of the sales process and recognize that team-driven work creates a better customer experience.
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your teams’ mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and coach them to learn from their mistakes.
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other fun, geeky, driven and productive sales professionals, multiple-disciplined thought leaders, and super nerds.
- You like the idea of trading in your suit or polo dress shirt for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (Although you’re up for wearing a suit if the situation calls for it; or a giant Tiger costume if it will close a deal.)
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- You can crank the charm to 11 (without being sleazy) and you can interact with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and with different skillsets and personalities. (A shrinking violet, you are not.)
- The idea of helping customers improve their businesses gets you excited. Like those late-night infomercials that say, “There has to be a better way!”, you know that there are better tools you can help your clients use to improve their business processes. AND, you are thrilled with the idea of selling that better way (hint: It’s Tigerpaw).
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package in a relaxed, quirky, fun and friendly company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
CONTACT: James Foxall, firstname.lastname@example.org