The Project Engineer is responsible for designing, planning, and directing capital engineering projects for both the assigned facility and on a company-wide basis. The individual in this position is also responsible for overseeing engineering projects ensuring that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and within project specifications. This person will coordinate efforts among team members to ensure that effective communication exists among various departments involved in projects, as well as ensure resource allocation is effective, efficient and sufficient to complete projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job.
- Apply engineering principles to design, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment, or processes used in manufacturing products.
- Determine feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing equipment considering costs, available space, time limitations, company strategic goals and plans, and other technical and economic factors.
- Confer with suppliers and contractors to oversee design, specification, and installation of new equipment.
- Perform statistical analysis of blending, packaging, and blowmolding operations.
- Perform root cause analysis of productivity problems and make recommendations to improve plant productivity and efficiency.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management from design phase through implementation.
- Oversee engineering projects ensuring that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and within project specifications; coordinate efforts among team members to ensure that effective communication exists among various departments involved in projects, as well as ensure resource allocation is effective, efficient and sufficient to complete projects.
- Collaborate with co-workers and team members to define, analyze, and resolve issues as necessary.
- Attend and contribute to planning and scheduling meetings; generate and report out on project progress.
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with and knowledge of all processes, utilities, and operational areas of the assigned facility(ies).
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Continually evaluate processes, make recommendations, and implement improvements to optimize efficiency. Establish and document standard operating procedures and ensure co-workers and team members are adhering to them. Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology to lead continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards. .
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Although not essential to the position, the individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested by management.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Understand mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, and interpret related engineering drawings and schematics.
- Accurately estimate engineering time, material, costs, and resources required for proposed projects.
- Effectively and respectfully communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal and external customers. Read, analyze, and interpret common trade publications.
- Effectively collect and analyze data and test results.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Certitications
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or a related field and at least 5 years of related experience or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
Physical Demands OF Essential Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a desk-based job and will require the individual remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone, copier/scanner, and similar machines.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will work primarily in an office setting in the same room as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
- While working with team members at manufacturing and distribution facilities, the individual may be exposed to moving machinery, work in high/precarious places, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Warren Distribution Inc