We are currently looking for a Family Advocate who will ensure the safety and well-being of assigned children during visits with relatives. He or she will be responsible for observing and documenting visits and, if necessary, coordinating, arranging, and/or providing transportation of the child/children to the visit and intervening for the safety of the child/children. The Advocate will supervise the visitation in accordance with the authorization and referral and will role model or interact with the family in a teaching manner. In addition, he or she will provide support to foster families, such as providing transportation to therapy and doctor appointments.
The ideal candidate has completed at least two years of college in Human Services or a related field and can work independently in potentially stressful situations. He or she must be highly dependable and must be able communicate effectively with clients and other personnel and maintain confidentiality. Candidates must have the physical stamina and temperament to work with children and youth who may be experiencing crisis and/or emotional and/or behavioral disorders. A valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
Per the Nebraska State Contract, all Family Advocates are required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of assigned children during visits with relatives
- Observes and documents visits and, if necessary, coordinates, arranges, and/or provides transportation to the visit and intervenes for the safety of the child/children
- Supervises visits in accordance with the authorization and referral and role-models or interacts with the family in a teaching manner
- Provides support to foster families, such as providing transportation to therapy and doctor appointments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two years of college in Human Services or a related field OR a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in potentially stressful situations
- Highly dependable to ensure visitations are conducted
- Personal characteristics and experiential background that will provide appropriate care for children
- Necessary stamina and temperament to work with children and youth (birth – 18 years of age) who are experiencing crisis and/or emotional and/or behavioral disorders
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Must be able to follow and consistently implement the policies and procedures of the agency
- Must be able to provide appropriate care and supervision of youth at all times
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable under agency’s insurance
- If required and authorized to drive personal vehicle on agency business, must have automobile insurance that meets agency policy
- Must have no more than 3 points against his/her Nebraska driver’s license or meet comparable standard in the state where he/she is licensed to drive
- Must be able to interact and work cooperatively and effectively with other personnel and clients
- Must be able to show sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population
- Must be 21 years of age or older per the Nebraska State Contract.
Childrens Square U.S.A.