PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the administration, supervision and management of the Family Foster Care Program for Nebraska, including: supervision of personnel, programming, foster parent recruitment and retention, biological parent involvement, caseload review and management, marketing, risk management, facilities management and compliance with the licensing, certification and accreditation standards. Ensure quality services are delivered in accord with all agency policies, procedures, licensing and accreditation standards.
- Administer, supervise and manage the Family Foster Care team in Omaha - to include planning, implementation and evaluation of Program Services. This also includes development and implementation of policies and procedures, risk management, review of relevant insurances, safety, vehicle and facilities management.
- Directly supervise the Family Foster Care team. This includes task management, hiring, performance management and appraisal, disciplinary actions and facilitation of team meetings as needed. The frequency of supervision is to be consistent with the nature and complexity of work, experience of the employee and licensing and accreditation standards.
- Provide consultation to assigned staff, including meeting at least twice monthly with each person and discussing their assigned caseload.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Programs and the CFO to develop and administer the operating and capital budget for the program within acceptable financial parameters and procedures.
- In partnership with the VP of Development, establish and implement effective marketing strategies to increase program referrals and recruit necessary Foster Parents.
- Partner with other Children's Square U.S.A. programs, the general public, professional community, referral agencies and other relevant organizations to build and maintain support and connections for the program.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant licensing, certification and accreditation standards. Also, establish and maintain performance improvement functions including development and review of appropriate outcome measures and staff development appropriate to identified need.
- Provide oversight and audit functions of electronic client records. This includes conducting quarterly supervisory reviews of files to insure client files contain all of the required elements.
- Ensure appropriate physical resources including equipment, space and other resources are in place to deliver program services.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings and other meetings required by supervisor. Provide reports and documentation as needed.
- Utilizes Performance Quality Improvement methods to assist the organization in meeting quality improvement priorities. Contributes to developing outcomes and indicators for setting targets; participates in data collection; interprets data and applies data interpretation toward improvement of practices and outcomes. Uses program and client data outcomes to improve service delivery to families and children.
- Provide effective leadership for the program by understanding and communicating the vision and mission of the organization to the assigned staff and the external communities.
- Other duties as may be requested by the Sr. Director of Programs and Services.
- Supervise pre?service and ongoing training program for foster parents.
- Participate in program on?call.
- As needed, effectively utilize and supervise volunteers assigned to the program.
- Complete training necessary to perform position.
- Promote a positive team and work environment.
- Carryout necessary risk management functions for the agency.
- BA degree in social work or a related human service field is required.
- Two years experience in provision of foster care or other out of home care.
- Supervisory experience or ability to manage others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in implementing and executing program responsibilities.
- Specialized knowledge, skills and experience required to help the parents improve parenting capacities, maintain ties with their children, and develop and implement a stable, permanent plan for their future.
- Ability to involve parents in decision making, determine the needs of children and their families and assess placement resources for children in need of placement.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and interact with public, clients, and people in a supervisory capacity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with managed care, Medicaid, Department of Health and Human Services and Juvenile Court Systems preferred.
- Valid drivers license, own vehicle and automobile insurance that meets agency policy.
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population.
Childrens Square U.S.A.