Childrens Square U.S.A. Council Bluffs, IA
Children's Square USA is actively seeking an energetic, creative person to fill the role of Outpatient Therapist. The Outpatient Therapist will provide trauma-informed therapeutic services to children ages 4-18 and their caregivers who are experiencing effects of trauma and attachment difficulties.
The Outpatient Therapist will maintain a caseload and may be asked to work as a team to provide consultation and workshops for staff and community members, provide on call services on a rotational basis, and be a resource to staff in working with youth in a therapeutic manner.
The successful candidate will hold a Master's Degree in Social Work or Mental Health and a license or provisional license.
- Maintain direct service unit expectations consistent with that of a full time employee
- The ideal candidate will be able to provide evidenced based treatment models in at least one of the following models, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), or Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP).
- Take personal responsibility for insuring that trauma informed practices are implemented in all aspects of care.
- Provide counseling and therapy services to individuals and families families, individuals, and couples in order to effect change for growth and healing.
- Develop and facilitate therapeutic groups for specific problem areas.
- Provide follow-up to re-engage clients who fail to appear for appointments or drop out of treatment.
- Administer baseline and follow up outcome measures necessary for program standards
- Design and deliver educational/therapeutic workshops, classes, or programs to meet identified needs of groups
- Assist in the promotion of agency services, workshops, and classes.
- Assume responsibility for building and maintaining a referral base and caseload.
- Collaborate with other community professionals to provide maximum positive results with clients.
- Provide consultation for churches, schools, organizations, and communities in areas related to behavioral health and family life.
- Follow agency policies and procedures.
- Provide on-call services on a rotational basis as required by program
- Integrate cultural considerations within service delivery.
- Develop a positive working relationship with area County Boards of Mental Health, probation, Diversion, state criminal justice system, and HHSS/DHS or other referring agencies.
- Displays excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to write in a clear, concise and easily understood style.
- Efficient verbal communicator. Able to explain thoughts and concepts in easily understood manner. Is able to communicate clearly using verbal skills.
- Accurately communicates information to all the necessary parties in order to coordinate services to the client and/or family
- Acts as a resource to give input to other professionals about the best course of action in difficult client situations.
- Takes initiative to implement good practice and meet licensing and accreditation standards.
- Assumes a leadership role in handling a crisis.
- Assesses needs in crisis situations quickly, calmly, and accurately.
- Interacts and collaborates professionally and cooperatively with other parts of the agency (i.e. Human Resources, Academic Center, Operations, etc.).
- Conducts team meetings with other professionals as the need arises.
- Maintains accurate, written clinical records of services provided per established agency/COA standards.
- Timely completion of any provider enrollment forms and reports needed for third party payers or other outside entities.
- Participates in peer review process as assigned by supervisor.
- Collects client fees and ensure services have prior authorization
- Ensures services provided are billable and coded properly.
- Maintains documentation of supervision with clinical supervisor/supervising practitioner, when applicable.
- Participates in regular supervision sessions for the purpose of reviewing cases, discussing treatment strategy, and monitoring client progress.
- Continues personal and professional growth and development through reading, research, workshops, seminars and other strategies that will broaden knowledge on therapeutic approaches and techniques.
- Keeps all client names, information and other Agency business confidential.
- Ensures that all office and record security procedures are followed.
- Reports to meetings, and training on time.
- Actively participates in a constructive manner.
- Follows agency procedures in use of leave time.
- Represents themselves and the agency in a positive way.
- Uses good telephone skills.
- Uses direct communication.
- Demonstrates good problem-solving/conflict resolution skills.
- Works toward team and agency goals
- Participates in agency required training.
- Dresses appropriately for the activity being performed.
- Regularly contacts parents, and referring workers at least twice each month.
- Builds relationships with referring workers.
- Demonstrates teamwork when collaborating with other professionals.
- Builds contacts that facilitate appropriate referrals to other or additional services.
- Receives positive responses from clients, caregivers, and referring entity on at least 90% of satisfaction surveys.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor
- Completes assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Is willing to take on additional responsibility in a positive manner.
- Completes training necessary to perform position consistent with program and agency staff development plans.
- Identifies training appropriate to this position.
- Takes responsibility for scheduling and attending appropriate training. (minimum of 40 hours per year)
- Knowledge of the stages of growth and development.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or other related Mental Health or Human Services.
- Currently licensed or ability to gain license in Iowa to facilitate individual and family therapy. (Prefer licensed)
- Experience working with trauma and attachment difficulties is required.
- The ideal candidate will be trained and certified or certified ready in at least one of the following Evidenced Based Treatment Models, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), or Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP).
- Must be able to demonstrate overall knowledge of families and youth, the child welfare system, family dynamics and the change process. Knowledge of counseling/therapy models and techniques, including the use of cognitive-behavioral therapy is essential.
- Demonstrates ability to express concepts and ideas orally and in writing.
- Possess a desire to grow, learn and change, and to serve as a role model for children in care, families, and other team members.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to travel and to utilize flexible scheduling is required
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, strong listening skills, and the ability to establish relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Requires valid driver’s license, own vehicle and automobile insurance that meet agency policy
- Demonstrates ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population.
| Date Posted
June 14, 2018
| Date Closes
July 14, 2018
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
| SOC Category
21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
This job requires the following skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Strong Flexibility / Adaptability
- Strong Time Management
- Crisis Prevention
- Mental Health Care
- Group Psychotherapy
This job is related other jobs in these career categories