As a System Administrator at LovelySkin, you’ll thrive as a ‘behind the scenes’ troubleshooter to maintain the IT system that holds up our growing ecommerce business. You’re a problem solver at heart with a passion for IT infrastructure and a desire to expand your knowledge in system architecture and scripting. This position will provide support to over 120 employees across several buildings. LovelySkin is only continuing to grow, and we’re looking for the next bright mind to join our team and assist with the design and engineering of future systems! If you’re an inquisitive free-thinker who loves to toss around ideas, we want you to apply!
LovelySkin is one of the largest online skincare and beauty websites in the country. We were founded in 1993 by Joel Schlessinger, M.D., a leading national dermatologist practicing in Omaha, NE. In the years that followed, LovelySkin has grown to an award-winning e-commerce skin care company serving hundreds of thousands of customers. At LovelySkin, we’re proud of our family-grown roots, and with over 130 employees in 20 departments, we’re a highly collaborative team doing amazing things. LovelySkin has grown to be one of the largest skincare and beauty websites in the country, most recently recognized by Newsweek as one of the “Best Online Shops” of 2021! We’re committed to providing our customers with outstanding customer service, quick delivery, an appealing shopping experience and the most comprehensive offering of physician-grade skincare and beauty products available.
As a company with roots in science and medical research, our employees’ health and safety are our number one priority. LovelySkin’s policy is that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to their first day of employment.
A Day in the Life:
As a Systems Administrator at LovelySkin, you’ll be working with Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, File/Print, IIS, VMware ESXi, and EMC SANs. You’ll manage the PBX, switches, wireless controllers, load balancers, firewalls, & VPN for the organization. You’ll also maintain backups, MSSQL, PKI, and workstations.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Provide all levels of hardware/software support on servers, workstations, peripherals, laptops, phones, monitors, keyboards, printers, and other equipment as needed
- Software and OS deployment using remote management tools
- Manage Active Directory, User Permissions, and Group Policies in accordance with security policies and procedures
- Collaboration with front/back-end developers in regards to various e-commerce and static websites, monitoring website availability and maintaining load balancers
- Requires exercising independent judgment
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- This position requires some on-call, evenings and weekend hours.
A Successful Candidate must possess the following experience:
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 3- 5 years of experience in a strong Windows-based role, Ability to provide Tier 3 support required
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Good overall knowledge of enterprise level technologies
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Experience in managing multiple resources in an organization that includes technical and business users/roles
- Experience in managing external 3rd party support providers, while managing multiple support cases at a time.
- MCSA or MCSE certification (or equivalent knowledge) is preferred
- Able to break down information in a systematic and consumable manner
- Must be able to work on site in Omaha, NE
How we’re taking care of our people at LovelySkin:
- Fantastic benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Competitive salaries and wages! Annual bonus!
- 401K with generous match AND profit sharing
- Generous employee discount on all products and services
- Hassle-free paid time off with holidays and a flexible workstyle
- Relaxed, collaborative atmosphere with a casual dress code.
- Awesome culture including social gatherings, holiday parties, competitive costume contests and company luncheons
At LovelySkin and Schlessinger MD, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our patients and customers, and our community. LovelySkin and Schlessinger MD is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace and proud to provide a livable wage for all employees.