In the role of Sr. IT Project Manager at LovelySkin, you will be directly responsible for delivering key results by championing a culture of accountability and consistent project management practices in the software project lifecycle. As the IT Project manager, you’re comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people. The PM facilitates and motivates, working across departments to ensure collaboration, communication, visibility, and successful delivery of complex projects. Ultimately, you will be responsible for helping the development and UX teams achieve their goals, work strategically together, and remain as adaptable as possible in an ever-changing dev environment.
A little bit about us:
LovelySkin is one of the largest online skincare and beauty websites in the country. We were founded in 1993 by Joel Schlessinger, M.D., a leading national dermatologist practicing in Omaha, NE. In the years that followed, LovelySkin has grown to an award-winning e-commerce skin care company serving hundreds of thousands of customers. At LovelySkin, you’ll be at the forefront of a rapidly growing company utilizing the latest technology. Each day holds a new challenge and new opportunity to improve site performance and functionality. We are committed to providing our customers with outstanding customer service, quick delivery, an appealing shopping experience, and the most comprehensive offering of physician-grade skin care and beauty products available.
As a company with roots in science and medical research, our employees’ health and safety are our number one priority. LovelySkin’s policy is that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Day in the life:
As the IT Project Manager, you will work with various stakeholders at different levels of the organization to manage projects and improve efficiency and transparency. You will need to provide tactful and timely communication in a busy work environment with both rapid and long-term planning and delivery cycles. Specifically, you will:
- Utilize programming and development background to plan and manage multiple concurrent complex IT projects
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a clear understanding of a business need, define the project goals and charter, and ensure alignment with strategic objectives
- Apply project management tools/techniques to drive project-related change management
- Develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule
- Build relationships of trust across departments; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals, potential risks and gain commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement by consistently evaluating and analyzing processes and developing creative and practical solutions
- Deliver value by leading project teams and by driving effective collaboration with team members, stakeholders, and outside departments
- Recommend improvements to established business processes while continuing to deliver high value in the execution
- Provide regular project updates to company leaderships
You have worked closely with software architects and development teams to get high-quality features and projects through the software project lifecycle (build, test, and release on time).
- Highly adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity.
- You have 5+ years of experience leading complex cross-functional projects and you are a practitioner of the project management craft.
- You have 2+ years in a role as Scrummaster or similar Agile focused role
- Expert level understanding of DevOps project management software (Azure DevOps)
- Hands on experience in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Exceptional process and analytical capabilities to find trends or diagnose problem areas
- Able to identify and implement process design and re-engineering to achieve both incremental and transformational business impact.
- Able to break down information in a systematic and consumable manner
- Successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics
- Respectful and influential; you have the ability to push back when needed and can approach work rationally
- Experience defining and reporting on operational metrics and generating problem statements that are supported by data you have compiled
- Passion for decomposing and defining workflows and processes
- Naturally compelled to utilize Lean principles of continuous improvement
- You strive to meet aggressive goals and know when to reset expectations
How we’re taking care of our people at LovelySkin:
- Fantastic benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Competitive salaries and wages! Annual bonus!
- 401K with generous match AND profit sharing
- Generous employee discount on all products and services
- Hassle-free paid time off with holidays and a flexible workstyle
- Relaxed, collaborative atmosphere with a casual dress code.
- Awesome culture including social gatherings, holiday parties, competitive costume contests and company luncheons
At LovelySkin and Schlessinger MD, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our patients and customers, and our community. LovelySkin and Schlessinger MD is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace and proud to provide a livable wage for all employees.