Cognos and Tableau Administrator
Direct Hire - U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
If your passion is all about optimizing data delivery systems, then your passion may be realized here. If you have experience that demonstrates success in providing environments, teams and processes that enable world class data delivery, then we should talk.
Our client in Lincoln Nebraska is a vibrant, respected enterprise level business with a great work/life balance. Your skills will be needed and highly valued. Don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor, plan, communicate and implement data system upgrades and fix packs. Manage monthly server and security patch process for impacted data systems
- Collaborate and partner with existing Application, Database, Network, and Server administration departments
- Manage and audit data system user access in accordance to vendor licensing agreements.
- Actively engage in identifying continuous improvement opportunities to better manage data systems, both on premise and on the cloud
- Participate in collaborative efforts between business, functional and IT areas, resulting in the ability to identify and solution redundant data technology platforms
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve data system issues
- Work closely with enterprise and business unit stakeholders to ensure alignment with enterprise business plans and initiatives
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 6+ years of professional business experience with a progressive track record of data system administration and management
- Relevant Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- Extensive system administration experience in data management with either Tableau or Cognos and willing to learn the other.
- Some experience with at least one of the following, preferably a couple:
o IBM Cognos Analytics
o Tableau Desktop and Server
o IBM InfoSphere Information Server platform (Datastage, Governance Catalog, Information Analyzer)
o Collibra Data Governance
o Dataiku Data Science Platform
o AWS and other cloud solutions
- Good understanding of application development language (HTML, CSS, Java) and database concepts and design
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure architecture concepts (database/application, network, server)
- Good understanding of Insurance Regulatory environment or information services industry
- Knowledge of laws and regulations - HIPAA, ERISA, NAIC, Dodd-Frank
- Start Date: ASAP
- Direct hire - U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time