Manager of IT Infrastructure
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of rock stars at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home. We are looking for a Manager of IT Infrastructure to lead a team and manage projects. The ideal candidate will possess a variety of technical skills, have the ability to communicate clearly and work on complex systems.
This role will report to the Director of Infrastructure and will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska.
What does a Manager of IT Infrastructure at Hayneedle do?
The Manager of IT Infrastructure leads the desktop support and systems engineering teams. Specifically, the Manager of IT Infrastructure will act as the primary IT lead for the operation of Hayneedle’s information systems infrastructure such as global WAN/LAN/WLAN networking, telecommunications and server LAN and messaging. Internally, this individual interacts with the Information Technology management team, business system users and corporate IT staff regarding the use of information technology infrastructure to support and enhance business processes. Externally, this individual interacts with IT providers at both the managerial and technical levels.
- Responsible for support and delivery of Hayneedle’s highly available technology infrastructure services, including but not limited to WAN, LAN, and WLAN, internet protocol telephony, telecommunications, servers, network, including firewalls, and data centers.
- Ensure system reliability, security control, protection of IT assets, and quality of IT personnel performance.
- Assist in the development and maintenance effective IT plans and budgets supporting the business goals.
- Develop and maintain effective procedures to collect problem reports, enhancement requests, and strategic objectives for IT and business process plans. Collect and communicate priorities for resolving issues presented.
- Communicate regularly, effectively, and as appropriate to executives and management, peers, operations personnel, and IT reports. Prepare and present, as required, at Review and Planning Meetings.
- Assist in the documenting and maintaining the long term IT infrastructure strategy and annual IT plans and budgets with a focus on improving Revenue and IT Costs.
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure adherence to IT standards.
- Develop solid relationships with executives and managers, peers, operations personnel, and IT direct reports.
- Recruit quality IT resources.
- Ensure that adequate training and development programs are implemented in order to improve IT effectiveness.
- Proactively manage and interact with customers to monitor service level and to identify ways to improve.
- Drive the technology selection process.
What basic qualifications does our Manager of IT Infrastructure need to have?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems required.
- 5+ years of experience with Information Technology Infrastructure and strong, demonstrated IT project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and direct reports in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to plan, estimate, and schedule multiple tasks and develop detailed resource and project plans, and manage budgets.
- Significant knowledge of information technologies for IT Infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively gain ownership for program-wide issues by the appropriate management group and the ability to drive issue resolution.
- Experience implementing and managing multi-site implementations.
- Experience managing consultants and out-tasking vendors.
- Demonstrated experience developing and enforcing standards and procedures for project deliverables, quality assurance, walkthroughs, issue reporting, and change management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
What we can offer you:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done.
- Unique chance to work with an exceptionally talented team.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business.
Meet Our Family of Brands: