Associate Mechanical Engineer
ACIETA Council Bluffs, IA
This position will be responsible for the mechanical design of robotic automation systems.
Design robotic automation projects within defined time frame and budget allowance by performing the following duties.
- Evaluate project definition and formulate conceptual design and technical requirements. Analyze projects for technical feasibility regarding engineering, manufacturability, and cost implications. Draw on personal technical expertise to assist personnel in accomplishing project commitments. Experience in designing and sizing complex mechanical components, assemblies, and robots.
- Perform mechanical design of robotic cells. This includes detailed design of cell components, as well as overall cell layout.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotations to represent realistic expectations of the capabilities and the profitability goals of Acieta.
- Lead meeting consistent with company procedures for design evaluation, design/drawing releases, project status, and project kick-off. Modify schedules or plans required to maintain required goals within reasonable limits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to company core values:
- Positive Attitude - We are fix focused, no excuses, and lead by example
- Passion / Hunger - A relentless pursuit for excellence
- Ownership - It is my responsibility; I will get it done
- Trustworthy - Our commitment is our bond
- Customer First - We think of the customer as ourselves
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Manufacturing Engineering and Applied Engineering Degrees considered.
- Proficiency in AutoDesk AutoCAD and Inventor. Experience with other 3D and 2D CAD software considered.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of mechanical design in the robotics or automation industry.
- Experience in designing systems that utilize many different pieces of equipment
- Experience in MS Excel.
- Manufacturing or Machine Tool Load/Unload experience; including workholding and fixturing a plus
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
| Date Posted
March 7, 2019
| Date Closes
July 26, 2019
2906 21st Avenue
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40+ hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
17-2141.00 Mechanical Engineers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
This job requires the following skills
- Epicor HCM
- 3D Modeling
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Manufacturing - Engineering
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position