ACIETA Council Bluffs, IA
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within defined time frame and within budget allowances by performing the following duties personally or through personnel assigned to the project or otherwise enlisted to help.
- Design robotic electrical control systems including but not limited to electrically related components. Meet project timelines for assembly so that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Use provided CAD software to produce accurate, clear, and thorough drawing sets for the shop and the end customer. All electrical details of the system need to be included on drawing sets provided as documentation.
- Advise purchasing to order all parts pertaining to the electrical design of the project and keep accurate records within company ERP system which will contain: bill of materials, budget tracking, and spare parts lists.
- Review Project Proposals, and Project Costing information immediately upon assignment of project for consistency and relationship to company capabilities.
- Review customer specifications for sales and determine project impacts to the schedule and cost of a project while still in the sales phase.
- Execute projects while following customer specifications, per the agreements made between Acieta and the Customer. Project Management and Sales to agree upon what to follow for customer specifications.
- Evaluate project definition to formulate conceptual design and technical requirements, including analyzing the project for its technical feasibility regarding engineering, product ability, and cost implications. Draw on personal technical expertise to assist and guide team personnel in accomplishing project commitment.
- Help control costs associated with support of the product and project commitments to meet budgeted guidelines. This includes helping to establish realistic time expenditure goals to be spent.
- Consult with personnel defined for project team to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority, including interface with resources outside the company.
- Provide inputs to Engineering, Manufacturing and Acieta Management as appropriate to inform them of findings that are significant to designing or developing improved or new products. These may range from excerpts of trip reports to specifically written memo’s or oral conversations. These must include any performance or functional problems or product quality concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent; minimum of five years related experience in the design of equipment comparable to systems manufactured by Acieta or in functions of business closely related to the manufacturing processes of these types of systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience with work function related to automation systems.
| Date Posted
November 8, 2018
| Date Closes
January 7, 2019
2906 21st Ave
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
40+ hours per week
| SOC Category
17-2071.00 Electrical Engineers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Employee Referral Program
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Tuition Reimbursement
This job is related other jobs in these career categories