Planned Parenthood North Central States
Director of Development Operations
Starting Wage for Candidate who meets required qualifications – $80,000/year
Salary commensurate with experience
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote, and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Under immediate supervision of the VP of Development, the Director of Development Operations performs a wide variety of functions. The Director of Development Operations, provides leadership, strategic direction, and operational oversight for PPNCS and ancillary organization fundraising operations efforts; including representing PPNCS and advancing initiatives with PPFA in support of PPNCS and ancillary fundraising efforts where appropriate. This position has responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of the Raiser’s Edge database, development budgeting and reporting, department operations, fundraising policy, and procedure development and implementation. This position works with the entire development team and other staff across the affiliate. This position advocate in implementing our mission “To affirm the right to reproductive and sexual health and freedom for all by providing excellent care, trusted education, and fierce advocacy” They may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understand the organization’s Strategic Business Plan, and work with development leadership to implement the development strategic plan and measure results
- Anticipate external trends and organizational funding needs to adapt strategically
- Have a deep understanding of the top-level strategic vision and the details needed to execute the vision within the department and organization-wide
- Assist with analysis and assessments as needed
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Assure success and stability by fostering a working environment that is fast-paced, efficient, high-quality, supportive, and energizing to staff and volunteers
- Provide excellent stewardship of the organization’s philanthropic resources.
- Provide direct oversight of development operations, ensuring adherence to all rules and regulations
- Stay current in best practices in fundraising, and apply that knowledge to our operations
- Develop, implement, and support fundraising policies and procedures
- Create and modify tailored reports for development department as needed, as well as assist with financial and donor reports for the annual audit (MMM, AAFR, IRS form 990, and other reports needed by the development/finance/accounting departments)
- Establish and implement short-term and long-term departmental goals and objectives; evaluating program effectiveness and help affect changes as needed
- Assist with the development, management, and monitoring of development department C3 and C4 budgets
- Collaborate with Prospect Development on analysis and reports on development productivity, including monthly fundraising progress reports, in-depth appeals analysis, and ROI of volunteer/staff time related to special projects
- Develop and report fundraising measures/goals related to the annual fund and the strategic plan
- Provide documentation to nonprofit evaluation agencies as needed (i.e. Charity Review Council, Charity Navigator, Guidestar, PPFA, etc.)
- Work with other departments including Finance, Accounting, and Information Technology to ensure development is providing and is provided with timely and necessary information, resources, and support
- Oversee and manage the donor database and gift receipting program and functions
- Manage IRS and other fundraising compliance requirements
- Track restricted donor funds, fundable projects, and other restricted gift funds to ensure fulfillment of donor intent.
Leading and Supervising
- Provide direct supervision of the Manager of Development Operations including setting performance standards and evaluating performance
- Implement professional development activities ranging from orientation and training to ongoing mentorship and coaching
- Assist in building a greater awareness of the importance of private philanthropy throughout the organization.
Typical Work Hours – keep this general and don’t include unusual situations
Full- time position working 40 hours per week.
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, extended illness leave, volunteer time off, paid holidays, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum of five years of fundraising and development operations experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in budgetary management, accounting, operations management, and communications
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT database
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status, or status with regard to public assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities
Planned Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply. AA/EEO
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
To apply for this position Click here: PPNCS Jobs Site
Planned Parenthood North Central States