WERE CHANGING ENTERTAINMENT. COME JOIN US.:
Were always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, youll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. Youll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. Youll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Click HERE to learn more about our Day 1 Benefits, 401k Program, Company Perks, Career Opportunities, Advancement Programs, Scholarships and more!
WE LOVE OUR WORK.:
Come join us for our Hiring Events - Every Thursday from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. We would be happy to meet you, answer any questions you may have, and set you up with an interview with one of our Hiring Managers.
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa offers Team Members:
Now hiring candidates 18 or older for all positions, including gaming licensed positions (excluding Beverage Server, Barback, Bartender)
- $1,500Retention bonus offered for all newly hired hourly positions - Apply, Interview, and Start before December 31st, 2023, and get $250 on your first check! Additional $250 paid after 6 months, $1000 paid after one year (based on completion of pay period anniversary date)
- Health Benefits Insurance package effective Day 1: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short-Term Disability for FT team members
- Free Costco or Sams Club membership after 90 days of employment
- $700 Referral Bonus Program ($350 at 90 days $350 at 6 months) for Team Members who refer applicants that are hired now through December 31st, 2023.
- Discounted bus tickets
- Non-Accrued Additional Time Off Apply, Interview, and Start before December 31st, 2023, and start with 80 hours for FT, and 40 hours for PT for immediate use (Non-Accrued Additional Time Off pay must be used within one year from the date of hire/grant date)
- Hot meal served by the Leadership team once a month.
- 20%discount for Starbucks, Ara Spa, and all food outlets
- 100%Colorado Gaming License reimbursement after90days of employment
- Hotel discounts available at all43 PENNproperties, plus discounts on goods and services (including Barstool merch)
- Education reimbursement program and Annual Scholarship Program
- Career development opportunities
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to all stewarding staff.
- Assists in work procedures and expedites workflow to all stewarding employees, to include floor operations, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns.
- Maintains organization and ensures proper rack stacking, silver presoaking, and safe operation of dish machine.
- Ensures proper set-up, breakdown, and maintenance of all special events.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
- Performs special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Trains new stewards as required.
- Maintains established pars and inventory of supplies through daily monitoring.
- Conducts daily kitchen walkthroughs to verify completion of assignments.
- Assists Executive Steward/Stewarding Assistant Manager with administrative duties.
- Staffs, schedules, evaluates, trains, develops, and monitors team members; recommends wage increases, promotions, demotions, discipline, and other employment actions for team members.
- Ensures established departmental quality assurance procedures are acceptable to Health Department and company standards.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures; reports potential issues to management.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
BRING US YOUR BEST.:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years of experience in stewarding, kitchen maintenance, kitchen operations, or similar field required; strong knowledge of food and beverage service operation preferred.
- Ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must possess strong decision-making, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work with interruptions and divide attention among several ongoing activities, projects, or assignments.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
STAY IN THE GAME. FOLLOW US.:
Weve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands representing 43 destinations across North America, and online gaming via theScore |BET.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.
We're changing entertainment.Follow us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
STARTING SALARY:Starting at $25.00 per hour