WERE CHANGING ENTERTAINMENT. COME JOIN US.:
Were always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, youll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. Youll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. Youll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Click HERE to learn more about our Day 1 Benefits, 401k Program, Company Perks, Career Opportunities, Advancement Programs, Scholarships and more!
WE LOVE OUR WORK.:
- Answers guest questions about Ameristar East Chicago restaurants, including operating hours, and answers general questions about property, facility, and services.
- Remains current with restaurant beer menu, including styles descriptions. Recommends and assists guests with appropriate pairings.
- Suggests signature cocktails to guests to increase revenue.
- Familiar with restaurant food menu, including description, price, and add-ons, and is able to assist guests with alcohol pairing.
- Keeps entry area and To-Go counter clean and organized.
- Works in cooperation with other service personnel to provide a high quality of service. Assists as required in table maintenance and cleans when necessary.
- Greets and seats guests at tables according to guest preference and table availability.
- informs guests of restaurant specials, feature items, and personal favorites.
- Accurately obtains food and beverage To-Go orders from guest, ensuring orders are complete and in accordance with company To-Go procedures.
- Keeps reservation system, host area, and To-Go counter stocked with necessary equipment, forms, and supplies.
- Ensures dining and serving areas are set up and maintained according to standard.
- Accurately accounts for and collects payment for all food and beverage orders through POS system in a timely manner.
- Participates in liquor glassware removal, ensuring compliance with all indiana Gaming Commission and indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission regulations.
- Provides responsible alcohol service according to established guidelines.
- Maintains complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, hours of operations, and proper table set-up.
- Must maintain proper uniform requirements of the position, including wearing special event uniforms provided for Holidays and other special occasions deemed by management.
- Assists as requested with special events on and off property.
- Observes and adheres to Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, and cleanliness of work environment.
- Attends all company/restaurant training programs as they are scheduled.
- Maintains all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe, and effective manner.
- Completes opening, closing, and other side duties as assigned.
- Collects and accurately reports tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Performs all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Standard Operating Procedures manual to ensure consistent execution of company and departmental standards.
BRING US YOUR BEST.:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- One year of high-volume Host/Cashier experience preferred.
- Prior customer service experience in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience a plus.
- Must have excellent guest service/communication skills.
- Ability to operate a P.O.S. System and/or adding machine and make change.
- Must have basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members and guests.
- Demonstrated ability to operate electronic reservation system and flow charts.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
STAY IN THE GAME. FOLLOW US.:
Weve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands representing 43 destinations across North America, online gaming via Barstool Sportsbook and theScore |BET.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.
We're changing entertainment.Follow us.
Equal Opportunity Employer