Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the Facilities department who conduct general maintenance, installation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, and water distribution on a daily shift.
- Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives, and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provides recommendations; ensures compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Assists in managing maintenance and construction projects and determines best practice for using in-house resources or outside vendor for applicable shift.
- inspects projects after completion for satisfactory results.
- Ensures OSHA standards are followed.
- Manages grounds crew and maintenance of property grounds.
- Conducts a daily inspection of the property to ensure that it is clean, attractive, and fully functional; implements immediate remediation of problems.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.) in related field from four-year college or university; two (2) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior management experience preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and Carpentry trades, along with knowledge of generators, fire pumps, and electrical switchgears; trade license is preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with all aspects of maintenance and engineering (special emphasis on electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, and maintenance of all equipment) required.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Date Posted||May 17, 2022|
|Date Closes||June 1, 2022|
|Located In||Council bluffs, IA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories