Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
- Adheres to all departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Responsible for learning and being familiar with all of the facility's room outlets, and for being able to answer general questions regarding the property.
- Practices professionalism and quality in service.
- Understands the requirements for proper sanitation and improves and maintains standards.
- Gains an understanding in using and maintaining foodservice equipment.
- Learns specific culinary styles and methods.
- Becomes familiar with each kitchen and the job duties for each area.
- Becomes knowledgeable with the assigned kitchens' functions and the operations involved in hotel/hospitality culinary area.
- Helps prepare food items as instructed.
- Cooks and prepares food products including cutting, trimming, chopping, slicing, carving, mixing, cooking, sautÃ©ing, grilling, frying, broiling, baking, and steaming, and application of other techniques as required for preparation of food for venues serviced directly from the kitchen.
- Maintains freshness of food items by rotating items as needed and maintaining items at appropriate temperatures.
- Performs tasks to ensure an attractive and safe physical appearance of working areas including cleaning and sanitizing all areas.
- Follows company procedures for preparing recipes and products.
- Prepares, displays, or serves food products as necessary including retrieving, arranging, garnishing, setting up, displaying, carving, and serving.
- Uses all kitchen equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and currently enrolled in a culinary program.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have basic reading and math skills for recipes and measurements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Dedicated to success in the culinary profession.
- Must have ability to work efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Date Posted||May 17, 2022|
|Date Closes||June 1, 2022|
|Located In||Council bluffs, IA|