Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of the Cage on a designated shift. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Assists with guest inquiries while monitoring and applying service recovery within authorized levels.
- Reviews and approves Cage documentation based on established levels of authorization.
- Prepares/reviews currency transactions reports, in absence of Shift Manager, on assigned shift.
- Verifies vault accountability at end of assigned shift.
- Verifies Credit line availability, in absence of Shift Manager, on assigned shift.
- Responsible for verification of main bank and window cashier drawers.
- Responsible for authorizing checks. - Prepares customer deposit and safekeeping log.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Ensures all staff are trained and follow CTR and SARC procedures; responsible for making sure all paperwork is completed and reported in accordance with established compliance procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; or two to four years of related customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have knowledge of all office machines and tools (jet sort, coin roller, 10-key by touch, Credit card cash advance systems).
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs